Honored Contributor

Re: Instant Coffee or Brewed Coffee?

I have to say that for years..many, many years.... both of my parents drank instant coffee. When it was just my mother I kept a small container of instant coffee for her when she would come to visit.  I would never drink the stuff!

Finally about five years ago I bought her a Keurig.  She loves it so much I think it's the best gift I ever bought for her!  Why she never got one herself I really don't know but she would drink instant coffee because making a pot was too much work. 

Respected Contributor

Good quality darker roast brewed coffee with a healthy slug of half and half. No flavored coffee or flavored fake cream for me. I will add Bailey's if I'm having coffee for dessert in the evening.

I have used Cuisinart coffee machines for a couple of decades. They last a long time and make great coffee.my current machine has a button you can push to select a bold brew.

I also have a Keurig that I will use if I just want one cup.

No instant for me.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I have to say that for years..many, many years.... both of my parents drank instant coffee. When it was just my mother I kept a small container of instant coffee for her when she would come to visit.  I would never drink the stuff!

Finally about five years ago I bought her a Keurig.  She loves it so much I think it's the best gift I ever bought for her!  Why she never got one herself I really don't know but she would drink instant coffee because making a pot was too much work. 

Shoekitty said

sounds like me!  When the Keurig craze first started, my daughters bought me one!  I had just bought a cuisinart, and thought that was good.  Lol.  I didnt understand the point of a keurig, I just didnt.  To me, it was just another gadget to junk up the kitchen.  Ad they not bought me one, IDK how long I would have held out.  My daughters took it out of the box for me Christmas day, and put it to work.  I was hooked from the first cup! It just makes a great cup of coffee!  I couldnt be without it.  I think it was the best gift they ever gave me.

Respected Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Good quality darker roast brewed coffee with a healthy slug of half and half. No flavored coffee or flavored fake cream for me. I will add Bailey's if I'm having coffee for dessert in the evening.

I have used Cuisinart coffee machines for a couple of decades. They last a long time and make great coffee.my current machine has a button you can push to select a bold brew.

I also have a Keurig that I will use if I just want one cup.

No instant for me.

If I creamed my coffee, I'd use half and half, too.  I keep those flavored creamers in the fridge for DH.  I've asked him if he'd like coffee with his creamer.  My dad used evaporated milk.  I like whipped cream if there is Kaluah in it.  Smiley Happy

I'll keep Cuisinart in mind when it comes time for a replacement.  After reading this thread, I'm going to get back into making lattes.  I have a Krups machine that must be close to 20 years old, a refurbished model that I paid $50 for, can't buy new ones near that price now so I should use it more.  It isn't hard to use I just worry too much about making a bad latte as it's a little bit intimidating, getting the right grind, right tamp, right temp, right timing.    

Honored Contributor

We buy Cuisinart too.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Free2be,

If you prefer to grind your own beans, I think Cuisinart has a coffee maker that does that. 

I love lattes, but I just  make a Starbucks run when I get the craving!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ms tyrion2

I love the cuisenart as well, but replaced it with my keurig.  I had a cuisenart that brewed and ground beans.  It didnt work long.  The grinder gave out.  It is a great idea though.  It made a great cup of coffee when it worked. However, it is probably cheaper, cleaner and easier to buy a small cheap bean grinder and just grind enough to make te pot of coffee

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

@Ms tyrion2

I love the cuisenart as well, but replaced it with my keurig.  I had a cuisenart that brewed and ground beans.  It didnt work long.  The grinder gave out.  It is a great idea though.  It made a great cup of coffee when it worked. However, it is probably cheaper, cleaner and easier to buy a small cheap bean grinder and just grind enough to make te pot of coffee

Small stand-alone coffee grinders are versatile.Many people use them for spice grinders as well.

Before I purchased my first Keurig, I had a Cuisinart that ground the beans and brewed the coffee and had a timer. I loved it. It never gave me any trouble or kwapped out on me. What I didn’t appreciate so much was the clean-up for my one-mug-at-a-time usage.

The first ‘Keurig’ I purchased was the Cuisinart version, the equivalent to the Keurig top-of-the-line machine. When I stopped using it in favor of downsizing with a smaller footprint machine (a Keurig K250), I’d had it 7+ years and it had never malfunctioned. The current Keurig is 2 years old and I have had no issues with it either.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I like those maxellhouse international coffees  but other than that I use kcup. I totally fail at coffee as much as I do cooking and kcups  make it simple