Super Contributor

Re: In reference to Cecil the lion (your opinion)

........crickets.........

Frequent Contributor

What narrow little boxes some people live in. They think because they can run to the corner grocery store and pick up their substance for the week, everyone can.
QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@italia8140 wrote:

@chiclet wrote:

I just think you could find a better hobby than killing something.  I have always questioned how a person could get pleasure from watching something being shot and suffering.  I have never been around anyone who hunts so I just don't get it.

Someone who gets pleasure out of this is SICK. I would NEVER have anything to do with people who hunt. IMO, they are BULLIES and COWARDS.

You obviously know nothing about hunting or hunters.  You better thank your lucky stars for them, otherwise we'd be inundated with deer and other animals in uncontrolled numbers.  Many would die a slow agonizing death due to starvation because there wouldn't be enough to eat.

Hunters don't hunt for the sake of killing something, they hunt for meat.  Most animals that are shot die instantly and their meat sustains many families.  If a hunter only wounds an animal, the rules say he must find it and put it out of misery.  There are also rules against "wanton waste" of an animal, leaving it to rot.

You ought to watch the TV program North Woods Law about hunting and fishing in Maine and you'd see how tightly regulated and patrolled it is.

Obviously the dentist did not read your rules. And that really is what we're talking about here.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

No hostility.  My post pointed out that whatever you're basing your opinion on perhaps has no basis except "same-old, same-old" and I believe we have surpassed "same-old, same-old."

That's your 'belief' one that apparently has no basis in reality.  There will still be poaching and big game hunting over there and here, it's didn't even slow down since the incident in question.

Where did you read that because this is the latest news from NBC:

The Zimbabwe government has suspended the kind of hunting practiced by Palmer — no more bows — and halted all big game hunting around the park where Cecil roamed.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Smaug wrote:

@Justice4all wrote:

The guide said they hunted him because he was old and not reproductive!!

Dumb as a rock. 

@Smug, I'm nominating you for a special award for having the most irritating avatar on the boards.  Congratulations!

@Kachina624Cool. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

@Smaug wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

The Zimbabwe government has suspended the kind of hunting practiced by Palmer — no more bows — and halted all big game hunting around the park where Cecil roamed.

Sorry but that report is just not credible, keep in mind the leader is a justified warlord, no way he's giving up that huge stream of revenue over a lion no less..........

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Several minutes ago, someone wrote this:

"Obviously the dentist did not read your rules. And that really is what we're talking about here."

Actually, this thread started out with the OP asking whether her young relative was right to allege that meat-eaters were hypocritical if they objected to hunting down and killing a lion. 

Just sayin'.

Respected Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@Smaug wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

Sorry but that report is just not credible, keep in mind the leader is a justified warlord, no way he's giving up that huge stream of revenue over a lion no less..........

So what source do you believe? 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____