Trusted Contributor

Shannen Doherty has breast cancer

[ Edited ]

She is sueing her Ex managers for letting her insurance lapse....so she did not go for checkup.....

Even without insurance, 

I am surprised that she could not afford a $200.00 mammogram and a doctor visit that runs maybe $200??? What happened to her money? Now she blames someone else for her breast cancer? Hmmmm.......sounds like she has some budgeting issues?

link below

http://www.nola.com/celebrities/index.ssf/2015/08/shannen_doherty_reveals_she_ha.html

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shannen Doherty has breast cancer

Too many questions I was wondering about.

Did she find a lump and then discover she did not have insurance ?

Did she put off her regular yearly exam because she did not have the insurance - not knowing there was a lump.

I know women with health insurance who will not go in for regular mammogram  check-ups and they are over 50 (some waaay over 50).

Honored Contributor

I saw this on the news this AM but did not hear what she said.

And I agree, there are MANY even mobile units that travel around where women can get breast exams for free.  Kind of crazy for her to blame her old work for insurance lapsing, like Shannon didn't know?  I'll assume she's an intelligent woman.  Don't understand why she would not take her own health in her own hands for exams.

I do feel for her, don't get me wrong but I find her excuse too bad to be spouting.

Trusted Contributor

Oh, I also only wish her well....just confused that she is blaming someone else for her disease. She has more money than most and could afford to go to the doctor I am sure out of pocket. 

Honored Contributor

And Ms Pie, I agree with you.  Way too many women who do not/will not see dr's for their own health.  My mother was a perfect example.  She hated to go to the dr but that's NO excuse.  Only much later in life did my Dad 'force' her to go for check ups.  From all I know about mom, she never once saw a dr for a pap exam.  Unbelievable and appalling. 

Thank goodness her daughters did not grow up and follow her practice.

Esteemed Contributor

Sad story, but at her age Ms Dougherty needs to be responsible for her own decisions. Doing nothing is a decision in its own way. I may be wrong but I think she's a smoker. The latest research shows that smoking not only causes lung cancer but can also be implicated in the development of breast cancer...all the more reason to be checked. Some people just want to stick their heads in the sand and ignore everything around them. Sooner or later that attitude can lead to big trouble. I wish her well but blaming anybody else for her predicament is absurd.

Trusted Contributor

Whatever the circumstances.......................prayers and strength to her as she fights this disease ~

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Loved her on  90210. She needs to focus on recovery/her health, and not the blame game.

Esteemed Contributor

@Irish1210 wrote:

Whatever the circumstances.......................prayers and strength to her as she fights this disease ~

I agree wholeheartedly. While I agree, it would appear that she is much better off than a lot of people, if you really read the article, maybe there should not be such a rush to judgement.

Seems, her accountants and money managers may indeed be at fault. Can you imagine finding out you have no health insurance and realizing that's only the tip of the iceburg? The firm that you were paying to look out for your interests had made a big mess of things? Might be a bit of a distraction.

Doherty and husband Iswarienko sued her former accountants and business managers on Wednesday, Aug. 19, 2015, accusing them of mismanaging her money and causing the cancellation of her health insurance in 2014.

Doherty's husband, photographer Kurt Iswarienko, also is suing the firm and its former partner, Steven D. Blatt, accusing them of mismanaging the couple's money and leading to other financial troubles, including tax audits and liens.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

Sorry...just sounds like the  blame game to me. Rich people always sue someone.