Honored Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

@chickenbutt @So cute. With everything going on right now with this virus these present animals are making my day.

So do all my friends here.

Stay safe everyone.

Yes!   Animals always make life so much better and at bad times the contrast is even greater.    My life, at this point, would not have joy without the animals (the house animals - pupper and bird - and the outside animals).

Short story - One day I went out on my deck.   We put down a concrete slab for the hot tub, and it's surrounded with rocks, then the deck is built around it.

One day I am standing not 2' away and this tiny little mouse comes out in the part when the hot tub is and stood all the way up on his little toes, with his hands up on the wood deck.  He was looking straight up at me as I talked to him.  I swear, it was so awesome I can't even tell you!

I stood there for a bit talking to him as he stood there looking up at me.  I didn't want to move and scare him.  Finally I put down a peanut and watched him snag it (peanut almost larger than mousie!) and run off with it.     I hope I never forget how wonderful that felt!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Awwwwwwwww

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt  What a wonderful story! The animals and our pets understand more than people think they do. If you are sick they are always by your side to comfort you.

Our squirrels know what time their nuts and bird seed goes out each day. I swear they are really upset when it isn't ready yet.

I have always taken the time to count my blessings with all the little moments that impact my life. The smallest things that make us smile impact the important things we will remember most. Material things are nice but you never forget the memories that touch our hearts. 💕

Thanks for sharing as it made me smile.

Honored Contributor

That is the first time to see a black squirrel,looks like it is half skunk!!!!!Smiley Embarassed

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

When this black squirrel had most of his tail white I really thought it was a skunk. I guess he was in a fight and lost!

Scroll up on the left of the photo below if you can't see Stubby.

On the far left is "Stubby". He came about a week ago and he is my favorite. He definitely got into a fight as most of the tail is gone. He hops like a rabbit across the lawn and makes me laugh every day. These animals have blessed me so much.

9331BC78-13F6-4E29-8AED-7E70E4598757.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@MKR14 

Thank you so much for posting the lovely pictures of the wildlife.  How adorable!

I think all squirrels are beautiful, but that black one is spectacular.

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet