Honored Contributor

Re: 🥬Imperfect Produce: Have you ordered?🍏

@sunshine45   There are antibiotics for that.  Just sayin'.Woman SurprisedWoman Tongue

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Your post reminds me of the show "The Big Waste".  It was a competition special 7 years ago that FoodNetwork did to showcase food waste in the US - demonstrated how much food gets destroyed bc it's not perfect enough.   Two teams (Bobby Flay/Michael Symon vs Alex Guarnaschelli/Anne Burrell) were in a competition and  cooked a meal for a large crowd obtaining free food from farms, food co-ops, grocery stores, etc and it had to be food that was to be destroyed only bc it was not perfect.   Meat may have another two or three days shelf life but it was beginning to take on that brown color but still smelled/ tested as good.  Eggs may not fit into cartons bc they were too small or too large.  A large pile of tomatoes were odd sized and may have a small bruise on it but you could cut that off and use the rest.

They were to cook a meal for a large gathering of ppl from the food industry using food from places that was to be destroyed/tossed and there was a Dept of Agriculture rep testing all meat and produce before it was allowed to be used.  

It was very interesting and the premise was there would never be hunger in the US if we didn't demand perfect food.  I know that it made me think when I was out food shopping. If I am cooking something that night or I can freeze something I buy it if it is sold at greatly reduced prices.  

Valued Contributor

We have been getting it for several months and really like it.  It is very easy to skip shipments if you are just not feeling it.  Customizing your box is easy as well.

Respected Contributor

It's not available where we live.   Come to think of it, not many of these customer oriented programs are available where we live.  Oh well, I'm not moving.

Trusted Contributor

No I get enough ugly produce at my giant eagle🙄

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because the comment is inappropriate