Honored Contributor

Re: If you have an avatar - care to share?

Hi B!  I'm a little dingy and a lot witch so that's why mine.  My favorite "holiday" is Halloween and I've done my witch thing for over thirty years.  I just happen to have been born with the best cackle around.  LOL

So, yes MotherTrucker ... Preds can be a little witchy at times! Smiley Wink Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Just little old me at my front door last Christmas season. 

Contributor

It's me, myself and I. Not very exciting, I know. I'll put one of our kitty cats eventually. Loving all those sweet fur babies.
Respected Contributor

I think they are alot of fun, a nice little touch and I hope as time goes on more here will add them to their nics too.

Honored Contributor

I originally had a picture of my pigeon Grayson.  He was a little difficult to see so I went with Courage the Cowardly Dog.  Courage the Cowardly Dog is a cartoon that my DH and I used to love to watch together when DH was alive.

I like Courage for sentimental reasons.  I also like him because I can see him clearly and his little pink body pops and I can find my posts.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@SeaGal wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@SeaGal wrote:

I am an eagleholic, I just googled eagles, I didnt want to use one here from my own pics.

I have found that some of the avatars are hard for me to see so if you click on it the users page comes up and you can see it in a little bigger size.

SeaGal, I don't know if you've visited explore.org but they have many wildlife and animal related sites including I believe eagles.  If you haven't been there before, I would encourage you to take a look.  You can spend hours there!

mtc, I do LOVE explore.org, it is one of the sites I open first thing with my morning coffee and keep the tab open all day! I havent watched their eagles as I have a couple nests I do follow but I follow the osprey family Steve and Rachelle, right now they have 2 little ones born 6/7 & 6/11, the setting on the bay there is beautiful and it is a nice place to relax with coffee! I followed the long eared owls, too cute! and I am waiting for the bear cams at Brookes Falls to resume. Do you watch any of the cams other then the eagles?

Scottie turned us onto this site a few yrs ago and I have been addicted since, so many great cams there eh!!

eta~ woops, sorry for the o/t   *blush*

Oh ok great, I know a lot of people follow them.  I am a huge fan and supporter of the Service Dog Project (SDP) site.  I also check in on the beautiful puppies for the Wounded Warrior project.  I love dogs so any time I can spend on these sites I do.

I cannot thank Explore enough for all the wonderful sites that they bring to us.  Such a lovely variety, something for everyone and always for such great causes!

Respected Contributor

I'm really enjoying everyones' avatars. 

I think mine is kind of self-explanatory.  Smiley Wink

To Tabbycat, tansy, mtc and everyone who has lost a beloved pet,  (((hugs))).   The grief is real and the hole in our hearts never goes away. 

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

I tried, it said the file was too big.

I don't even know what that means LOL

Honored Contributor

Lucky charm wrote:

Hi b--

I'm not good with posting links or pics.  I'll figure it out someday. 

I'd like to post a pic of myself, but it freaks me out when people say you can be 'traced'.

I guess I don't know what 'traced' means?  Traced as in my name number address and honest weight will be public info???

I had a beautiful Shepherd who just died last week.  Her pic would be the one I would've posted, but it would break my heart if I saw it all the time.

So I'll stick with the default that doesn't look too different from me (minus all the humidity).

It's good to see you back.  I hope all is well with you and often wondered about your DM and how she is doing.

@Lucky Charm, You're probably thinking of the fact that some images contain geotags with some rather specific identifying information.  (The first day this forum platform was launched I did see one with that sort of info, but evidently there are protections in place now for the avatars.)

Also, images can be compared to others on the web with free software, so in some cases if your photo was also placed anywhere in public cyberspace (such as Facebook or other social media without privacy settings in gear, or random things like pix in newspapers, online church newsletters, etc.) it's possible your name could be traced.

(((hugs))) to you.  I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your sweet pup.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@biancardi, It's fabulous to see you here!   I hope you're well, and hope you'll continue to post more often.  You were greatly missed.

I haven't decided about an avatar, but it's fun to see them and to hear about the reasons for the choices.

I want to offer gentle (((cyberhugs))) to all who have loved and lost a beloved furry family member.  They become a part of our heart and truly are with us forever.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova