Honored Contributor

Re: If you could live anywhere in the U.S., where would it be?

Right where I live now ... 10th Floor apartment in a great section of Manhattan - with a fantastic view.

Frequent Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

Image result for beach

Yes! Lol! Perfect!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

That is an easy answer for me. Jackson Hole, Wyoming. 

@CAMOGIRL   OMG! Me too!!!...Even anywhere in Montana on the west side would be fine...like Livingston, MT.

A few of my other choices would be...Key West (despite the hurricane threats)...

Anywhere in Bermuda!!! LOVED staying at the Elbow Beach Resort and cried when I had to leave and fly home...sigh...breathtaking, peaceful...Ahhhhhh...

and somewhere in the UK...around London Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@chihuahuamom wrote:

I have lived in the south and now in southern California.  I am SO tired of the hot summers that go on and on (both dry and humid). I am thinking it would be great to live in Washington state with the rain and cooler temperatures.  (anyone living there want to comment?).  Where would you like to live if you had your choice?

After coming thisclose to buying a second home in the mountains, I'm going to have to say right where I am.  When talking to the locals in various areas, many move to get closer to conveniences like health care.  I'm close to a hospital that does open-heart surgery, SIX different grocery chains surround me with over 15 stores, lots of choices when hiring people to work on the house, lower taxes...etc.  

The ONLY complaint is that we don't have any good retailers to bring in interesting items,  just a ton of chain stores, and then I go to the mountains to shop.  lol

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Have lived or visited other areas of the country but prefer the northeast. Love where I live now, but would prefer Massachusetts, preferably the north shore. 

I have a neighbor from Cape Cod who says he can only spend about 3 months in Florida because only people from New England understand people from New England, and everyone else frustrates him. I should ask him to elaborate on that sometime.

Don't people from New England have the reputation of being gruff, no-nonsense types who dislike chit chat and frivolity? Perhaps that's what he is referring to.....I wouldn't know as I've never been to New England and have no desire to go except to see the coast of Maine with lighthouses......

As a former New Englander, that description would fit much of the population.  I had some real adjusting to do when we moved South, and all these decades later, I can still talk way too fast.

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

@ritasNo1Fan wrote:

Seattle (or Vancouver, Canada (if political winds bring -------------)), no ifs, ands, or buts, hands down.

Be sure to have a sturdy door with great locks as Vancouver has one of the highest break-in rates in the world. 

Respected Contributor

THis is a hard question to answer because it depends on many things.  Are you younger and work or older and retired.  If you are younger you need to be where there is a lot of opportunity for work.  If retired you want things to do and around good medical facilities.  Also some people like heat and some don't.  I love East Tennessee and western North Carolina.  It seems to have what I need as a retired person.   I have not been to a lot of places like Wyoming or colorado so not sure about those places.

Trusted Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

THis is a hard question to answer because it depends on many things.  Are you younger and work or older and retired.  If you are younger you need to be where there is a lot of opportunity for work.  If retired you want things to do and around good medical facilities.  Also some people like heat and some don't.  I love East Tennessee and western North Carolina.  It seems to have what I need as a retired person.   I have not been to a lot of places like Wyoming or colorado so not sure about those places.

Those are my favorite areas, too, but I've talked to a lot of people who left for greater healthcare access.  Asheville is great, but it's expensive.  Waynesville could be an option.  Charlotte is good as well, and we have some friends that are moving into a retirement home nearby.  Knoxville is popular, and it's where everyone heads for healthcare.  The more rural areas have been hit hard by the Feds though, and a lot of hospitals have closed.  

Honored Contributor

We've had many homes in our lifetime, but MI is my favorite. I love 4 seasons. Some are longer than others. I wouldn't give up all the trees for all the tea in China.

Super Contributor

Washington state