Trusted Contributor

Re: If you could live anywhere in the U.S., where would it be?

Seattle (or Vancouver, Canada (if political winds bring -------------)), no ifs, ands, or buts, hands down.

Respected Contributor

@sunala wrote:

I'm happy exactly where I am. An hour from Manhattan and everything I need and want, including my family, right here.

However...if my entire family could move as well, I'd move to Maui in a New York minute!

Hey, if I could afford to live in Hawaii, I'd be able to import NY bagels and pizza whenever I wanted Woman LOL

We had a condo on the ocean on Maui for awhile. It was a second home, and it just took too long to fly there. I knew I would get rock fever or island fever if I lived there full time, though. It was easy to hop a plane to another island, but, still, for me the feeling of being stuck full time on an island would not have been comfortable. That's just my hang up, I know. Now I live on the water in the Midwest.

Respected Contributor

@chihuahuamom wrote:

I miss the seasons in So. California.  If you live close to the coast, the temperatures are fine, but in the Inland Empire, it gets so hot in the summer and so very dry. It stays hot until about November.  I have gotten to the age that I can't take the high temp. day after day..

I probably will never live in Washington unless my kids move there. I am in my 60s so won't wander too far.  But I would love to at least try it.  I LOVE the rain and rarely see it here, and a thunderstorm makes me positively giddyWoman LOL  

Loved Orange County, CA,  but missed winter (I'm a snow lover) and the sound of thunderstorms. And we were so tired of the traffic. 

Honored Contributor

@QuinnPenny wrote:

I was born in so cal, then at 20 years old my husband and I moved to Seattle. We lived there for 45 yrs. We retired, and went full time on our 45' motor coach for 4 years looking for the perfect place to live.  I had to get out of the N.W. because I was so sick of all the rain and gloomy grey weather.  I needed some sun, but not the heat, I wanted 4 seasons, some snow, and lots of sunshine.  If your young, the N.W. will be great if you don't mind the rain. If you don't have any bone or muscular problems you will be fine. It is beautiful in the northwest, but as I got older, I had to get out and find sunshine. Good luck.

You should have just stayed.  It is getting hotter and hotter here!

Honored Contributor

@chihuahuamom wrote:

I miss the seasons in So. California.  If you live close to the coast, the temperatures are fine, but in the Inland Empire, it gets so hot in the summer and so very dry. It stays hot until about November.  I have gotten to the age that I can't take the high temp. day after day..

I probably will never live in Washington unless my kids move there. I am in my 60s so won't wander too far.  But I would love to at least try it.  I LOVE the rain and rarely see it here, and a thunderstorm makes me positively giddyWoman LOL  

Never say never.  I was older when I picked up and moved to the Seattle area.  My kids were shocked that I would do that.  Never have regretted it.  My kids still live in California but wish they didn't!

Respected Contributor

I live in Washingtston state.  Beautiful, yes.  But politics/Seattle have ruined it.  We are looking to move out.

Honored Contributor

We visit the Gulf Coast of Florida often for Spring Break or summer vacations. We like the area a lot. I would love to have a house or condo on the beach there. 

Honored Contributor

Our home is the Jersey shore but we have an apartment in Manhattan.  It is the best of both worlds.

There was a time I thought we'd like relocate to a warmer, winter climate.  As I've gotten older I've grown to love cold, snowy winters.

Esteemed Contributor

Image result for beach

Respected Contributor

I've always wanted to live in a high-rise, maybe in NYC.  San Francisco looks nice, too.