Trusted Contributor

Today was our day for shopping...went to Walmart.   They accepted returns..I had a beard trimmer...for DH not me...lol...that he didn't like.. they gave us a Walmart card for the refund..that was fine.

Our truck needed tires rotated and the auto dept there wasn't open when DH needed them done because of covid..He has a maintenance program thru Walmart for tires.  He went to another place and paid them to do truck tires.  Walmart reimbursed him for that.

@Kachina624   Walmart had HATCH chilies for sale.  $10.00 a box.   Cheap...but they weren't roasting because of covid.  Bought a box and it took 1.5 hrs roasting on the grill but we got them done.  Gotta love Hatch chilies..

All shelves were stocked....DW

Esteemed Contributor

Why are people compelled to detail their trips to Walmart?  Is this the only store open?

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@dancingwoman   I didn't know they were harvesting chiles already.  They've said they anticipate a labor shortage to pick them because the migrant farm workers don't want to come to US due to CoVi19.  Also, river is so low due to lack of rain, there's little for irrigation.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy    Because it's one of the few topics that can be discussed here.  The title says, "Walmart".  Easy to skip if you're not interested.  So why are you compelled to gripe?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@dancingwoman 

I have never heard of Hatch Chilies....I'm in Maryland...and our stores have a variety of lose peppers, so maybe I've not noticed them

What do you use them for...are they hot?

Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like a nice trip, @dancingwoman. I am not familiar with Hatch chilies. Are they hot?

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy    Because it's one of the few topics that can be discussed here.  The title says, "Walmart".  Easy to skip if you're not interested.  So why are you compelled to gripe?

So then all other stores are off limits, must have missed that in the rules.  Thanks for the heads up.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

@Witchy Woman   @happycat  We bought a case of hots.  They had mediums but we like very spicy...

Hatch, New Mexico grows the best chilies in the US..the climate..soil conditions are just right for growing.

@Kachina624   I was very surprised to see them too.  Produce guy was wheeling them out...we looked at them and grabbed a case...

I'll tell ya..they are really hot...we had them for lunch with homemade corn tortillas that I made while DH was roasting the peppers...he had cheddar cheese on his..I had vegan cheese that I make on mine....DW

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen fresh hatch chiles in ages. What a find. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

So then all other stores are off limits, must have missed that in the rules.  Thanks for the heads up.

Go ahead and tell us about your trip to CVS or wherever if you want to. Start some positive threads about all the things that give you joy. If they are interesting to others, they will be enjoyable threads. Like MamaWick's deer family threads. Please do go right ahead and spread the sunshine you want to see in the world.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr