Respected Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@golding76
Oh I LOVE that name choice...baby Spencer!!! That would be such a gift to the Spencer family. What a great tribute to Diana that would be.
Harry looks so thrilled! A joyous day! It WOULD be lovely to include the name "Charles" as his middle name, or one of the five names they always give the royals, as I agree, Charles was so welcoming to both Meghan and her mother Doria.

i am reminded of the stinging speech Diana's brother, a Spencer, delivered at D's funeral.  i wonder if that period is best left to history.

doesn't Meghan have any family names?  maybe Dorian  - as a variation of her mother's name.

Trusted Contributor
@Trinity11
Love your post! You made me get teary over my morning coffee! Agreed...Grandma Diana is smiling from above.
Honored Contributor

rrx5gbvqfwz01.jpg

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Trusted Contributor
@Greeneyedlady21
Oh my dear, you are killing me here! Now I'm crying into my coffee! I remember waking up at the crack of dawn to watch Diana's wedding. Now we have come full circle. ❤
Trusted Contributor
If we hear ONE negative word from Meghan's wacko half-sister or that miserable Markle father who sold out to the tabloids, I will be furious! Keep them away from this new baby!
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

rrx5gbvqfwz01.jpg

If only she were there.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

I can't wait to see the 1st photo and hear the official names! 

The video of Harry announcing the baby is really cute. I wish them well. Now...does the media give a month or 2 before they start the "when are they having baby #2???"  

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@golding76
Oh I LOVE that name choice...baby Spencer!!! That would be such a gift to the Spencer family. What a great tribute to Diana that would be.
Harry looks so thrilled! A joyous day! It WOULD be lovely to include the name "Charles" as his middle name, or one of the five names they always give the royals, as I agree, Charles was so welcoming to both Meghan and her mother Doria.

i am reminded of the stinging speech Diana's brother, a Spencer, delivered at D's funeral.  i wonder if that period is best left to history.

doesn't Meghan have any family names?  maybe Dorian  - as a variation of her mother's name.

Yes, Diana's brother made that stinging speech in front of tv cameras and was't a factor in in his nephews'  lives after that.  It was just a speech.   Hopefully, as time moves on, all the constant references to Diana and the past will cease.  That's why I don't see them giving the child any name that dredges up the Spencers.  That's why I don't think they would ever name a girl Diana.  They wouldn't burden their child with a lifetime of comparisons and the dredging up of the past.  Obviously Meghan has a family on her mother's.  Some time around the wedding, someone published her mother's family tree and a recently some of her mother's relatives did a cute little baby shower where they spoke fondly of Megan.  The shower gifts were for charities.  Lovely older African American ladies.  I always found it odd and I felt so sorry for Meghan's mother at the wedding.  So odd that not a single member of Doria's family, not a single family friend was at the wedding.  She was so alone.     

Esteemed Contributor

What a wonderful time for the family. Harry sounded very excited. Time for England to celebrate a little. And we can all get along with our day. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree 

--- I always found it odd and I felt so sorry for Meghan's mother at the wedding.  So odd that not a single member of Doria's family, not a single family friend was at the wedding.  She was so alone.     

i noticed that too and was glad Charles took her under his wing.  from what i could see about her early childhood her mother's family seemed to be prominent in her upbringing as they were in a lot of pictures.