Esteemed Contributor

We need a new mattress (Queen size).....Medium to Firm.......

Can anyone recommend one......  I think ours is ready to go.  

Respected Contributor

I won't buy a pillow-top mattress anymore.  I like to flip them, and you really can't with a pillow-top.  Never even gave it a thought, until after I bought one.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I only buy Beautyrest mattresses; never had a problem.   

Trusted Contributor

Its hard to give a recommendation on a mattress because its such a personal thing.  All I can say is try out as many as possible.  Go to a store that will analyze the type of mattress you need.

Valued Contributor

SophiaMarie...I ordered this mattress in February.  Very comfortable.  Good price...pleased with this purchase.  Easy to unroll and set up.  Used my old boxspring...no problem.  I would re-purchase.  

Good luck!

https://www.qvc.com/Northern-Nights-Queen-11"-Dream-Hybrid-Mattress.product.H219184.html?sc=CSWB

Super Contributor

Sleep Number with an adjustable base. Expensive but so worth it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Mattress help.....

[ Edited ]

I can't say enough about our mattress.  I would have never been one to order a mattress online, let alone believe something so inexpensive and from an unfamiliar name could be so comfortable.  Because of my experience, I suggest you look at Wayfair for the Gramercy Hybrid 14-inch mattress by Classic Brands.  Several years ago now (maybe 6 yrs.) we purchased an expensive mattress set by Stearns and Foster and we hated it from the start.  We should have returned it but we didn't.  Because we spent over $2,000 on the set we did our best to make it work by adding a topper.  It helped but we still werent happy.  About three years ago we'd had enough and started shopping the mattress stores.  Then I did a lot of online research and reading of reviews.  Ultimately I ended up ordering the Gramercy Hybrid 14" in a king size.  I'm not lying when I tell you that DH and I say "aaahh, I love this bed" practically every night when we climb in.  Keep in mind, this is a mattress only.  It's intended to be used on a smart base or you can do the traditional setup by using your existing box spring.  We are using a smart base and appreciate the storage space underneath.  Since ordering ours, other family members now have the same one and love it as well.  If you have any questions, let me know.  

Respected Contributor

@Toot1920 wrote:

Sleep Number with an adjustable base. Expensive but so worth it. 

I agree @Toot1920 .  After going to their store and finding out the sale was ending that day, we ordered ours from QVC with 6 EZ pays.  The price was $1500 less than what it was at the store for the same model.

Love the adjustable frame and we got a split king, so each of us can control the head/feet to our comfort.  Yes, they are pricey, but worth it to us.

Esteemed Contributor

I should mention that the mattress we have now, was bought online.  It is a Simmons Beautyrest - non flip, non turn.  It was close to $2,000 and when we got it, I noticed that the top portion (where the pillows go) was higher on one side than the other.  I called them and they sent someone over to measure, take pictures, etc.....

After a few days, they called and said I was rigiht... The mattress was not perfect... So, they sent me another one.  They said they didn't make the same model we had, so they were sending me an upgraded one....  It looked entirely different and my husband wasn't fond of it.   They never took the first one back when they brought the new one, so now we had two brand new mattresses.

We put the first one back on the bed and called the Salvation Army to take the newer one away, telling the men that it was brand new, so they could do what they want with it.

At any rate, this mattress is giving him a backache, and I have a stiff neck... We think it's the mattress.

Honored Contributor

Saatva mattresses.  I have 7 of them and getting ready to buy an 8th.

Sleep comfortably.  Sleep healthy.  Organic--non toxic - made in the USA.

Free shipping.  Free setup.  100 day use it or return it--free.  They will come and pick it up.

Great reviews--besides mine!