Honored Contributor

Have you ever taken one?   Just curious as I have never had one done. I would suppose that mostly gifted individuals would have taken an I Q test.  No one wants to take one and be told they are “normal”😄

Nearly 70 percent of the population has an IQ between 85 and 115 on most tests. The scores above 115 are generally considered as “high IQ,” and those above 130 to 132 (depending on the test taken) are usually considered highly gifted and are in the top 2 percent of the population.

Honored Contributor

Haven't sat for an IQ test since high and can't think of any reason why I would want or need to do that now.   What would be the purpose?

Honored Contributor
Several times, in elementary and middle school.
Respected Contributor

Yes, twice.  It was mandatory in grade and high school where I lived.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

I have taken it three times and got the same results every time.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I have taken an IQ test. EQ (emotional intelligence) is also an interesting test to take.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I remember taking IQ tests in elementary school. If I remember correctly, our scores were recorded on our grade cards. That's how I learned my sister's score was higher than mine. Privacy wasn't a priority back then. We used to write our social security numbers on the front of our checks at the grocery store.....   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

Yes in middle school and high school. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Probably at some point in school.

I would be fearful to take now (60s) as sometimes I think my IQ isn't as good as it used to be.

Super Contributor

In elementary school I was skipped from 3rd to 5th grade as a result of my IQ score.  I have no idea what it was.  As child it just seemed irrelevant.  Now I would like to know!Smiley Wink  I also took one of those short Mensa tests, and scored high enough to qualify for Mensa. However, I had no interest in joining.  Just took it out of curiosity.