Honored Contributor

Re: IP Address & Email Address

@MyShadowLove wrote:

Thank you everyone!...I logged off to get in touch with QVC and have them check if this was a security issue..I was told that they would have their IT Dept. check into it but it would take a while.

I never noticed this information being visible before?

@MyShadowLove,   The ability to see our own email address and IP address in the user list began when the new forum platform was launched.   As others have thoughtfully commented, only we (and probably the Q Social Team) can see that information which is a part of our account and our current internet connection.   For sure, it can be jarring to see the first time we notice it.    Thank you for your thread, letting others know about this and also allaying any concerns.   You're a gem!

cat hearts gif

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo, I was hoping you would stop by. Thanks for the info.

Have a question. If I were to use another computer or IPad or anything to connect, would my IP address change?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you everyone for your help in checking this out for me and your considerate replies...very much appreciated!

@Bri369  ...Thanks for backing me up! Woman Happy

(eta:..in reference to one poster whose post has since been deleted.)

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@MyShadowLove wrote:

Thank you everyone!...I logged off to get in touch with QVC and have them check if this was a security issue..I was told that they would have their IT Dept. check into it but it would take a while.

I never noticed this information being visible before?

@MyShadowLove,   The ability to see our own email address and IP address in the user list began when the new forum platform was launched.   As others have thoughtfully commented, only we (and probably the Q Social Team) can see that information which is a part of our account and our current internet connection.   For sure, it can be jarring to see the first time we notice it.    Thank you for your thread, letting others know about this and also allaying any concerns.   You're a gem!

cat hearts gif

@dooBdoo....You are just so sweet!...Thanks so much!

I had no idea it was that long ago that they added this info!..I guess it takes me a while at times!...I'm usually quite observant!...LOL Cat LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sage04 wrote:

@dooBdoo, I was hoping you would stop by. Thanks for the info.

Have a question. If I were to use another computer or IPad or anything to connect, would my IP address change?

You're welcome, @Sage04!   The IP address is associated with the connection rather than with our computer or mobile device.   As an example, if we switch between a computer or a tablet but still use the same router for a WiFi connection, the IP address is still the same if we have a static (not changing) IP address for that router.   (Dynamic IP addys change, static ones don't.)   When we use a cellular connection or access a public WiFi signal, we'll see the IP address change from time to time as it moves to different public towers and routers.    There are websites, apps, and settings that show us our current IP address.   Hope that makes sense... might be as clear as mud!😜🙃

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo yes it does and thanks very much. I realize that this happens to a friend I gave my Netflix information to, Sometimes three different  IP addresses and  I asked her if she gave my info to anyone else and she said no. Only then I realize that she watches the movies at diferent places and that changes the IP address.

Trusted Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

Hi Everyone...

I have a favor to ask...Could you please do a search on your nic (in the above "Search Forums & Blogs" space)...click on "Users"...then "Go"...

Are your IP Address and Email Address visible under your nic?

This is only for those who are logged on.

Thanks so much for checking!

I think your directions could have been better. After you enter your own screen name you have to drop down the menu to the right of that search box (look where it says Community and get that to drop down) to see and select Users.  It’s not just a click like you described.  But I was able to reach what you asked about. 

Yes, I could see my email address and IP address when in Full, but not in Mobile format. Also, I tried to see other people here, but that same info is not displayed. You can see email &  IP info only on your own name, or nic as you call it. 

Privacy is maintained, if that’s your concern.