Respected Contributor

Running an online search of your name....

It’s been a while since I did this.  Interesting and a little surprising to see that searching my name says that I have arrest and criminal records. 

I’m not going to pay the fee to see what the arrest/criminal records are.  About 6 yrs ago we had a tenant who stole from us when he moved out. We filed charges, he was found guilty, told to pay us back but of course he skipped town and we never saw a dime of the thousands he owed us. This has happened a few times over our years of having tenants but the other incidents happened long ago.

Can’t think of what else could be the arrest/criminal records but it sure makes ME look like the guilty one.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Running an online search of your name....

No matter what name you submit on the screen.... that shows up to get your interest and/or concern.  Most first say it's FREE - ha ha = it's a trap to get you to proceed further in to their website.  I've done many people searches and every time those titles - criminal record - arrest records, etc.  show up.  If you don't have anything to worry about - don't give them your $$

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kalli , It says that about everone because they want you to pay to get the report. I have a friend who was so excited to get an ex- friend´s criminal report, paid for it and was so dispointed to find out that there was nothing. That was funny.

Respected Contributor

Only my name, age, address are correct & all the other info about me is wrong...religion, political party, felon criminal record, number & names of other felons living in my home, etc. BUT the good news is I can correct the info for a fee. I hope people realize these sites where you claim your info for a fee are scams.

Super Contributor

Our state has a judiciary search website where you can search any name and if there is a court action for that person in the state, it will show everything about it for free.