Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Shanus 

Even after tapping the screen?

In the bottom left hand corner?

(FYI...I view Instagram on both iPhone & iPad)

@sidsmom   On IPad, when I tap on screen I have the usual ❤️ & “home”, etc. Nothing indicating sound in left hand corner. May have to ask geek dh when he’s finished at office today.

@Shanus 

Sorry to keep coming back to this...but I feel you’re >this< close.

When you ‘double-tap’ the middle of the screen, it will ❤️ the post.

If the video has sound, the microphone in the lower-left hand corner

will come up. It will show muted but tapping the microphone will

release the mute & you should hear the video.

Honored Contributor

@SteelPenny wrote:
Are you notified when and who starts following you on instagram?

yes, you are notified when someone follows you or when someone likes one of your posts.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Re: INSTAGRAM 101

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@SteelPenny wrote:

yes, you are notified when someone follows you or when someone likes one of your posts.

No one can follow you unless you allow them to on Instagram - ETA: if you set account to Private.  They have to request to be your follower and you have to approve.  

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@SteelPenny wrote:

No one can follow you unless you allow them to on Instagram.  They have to request to be your follower and you have to approve.  

Approval is only when you have your account set to Private. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I’m not on Facebook and am noticing “follow on Instagram”. Can anyone teach me, non-techie, how do I sign up or sign on, what is the purpose of “accounts”, not sure I’d “follow” people, just want to see what this is and if it’s something I’d like. 

Thanks, Ladies.

It’s fun 

I follow all kinds of people and things that I like golf and fashion and QVC people or knitting

Many women in our age posting all the time on what they’re wearing

It’s really a lot of fun I have my page set to private only because I get all these creepy dudes wanting to follow me and it cuts down on the spam. Which is funny because I never show my face

but you can report anything that you don’t like

try it out you’ll like it. And you can keep up with whatever is new and coming down the pike 

Honored Contributor

David dangle has a great Instagram because he post stuff about Joan Rivers and his cute dog and his gorgeous house

@Shanus wrote:

I’m not on Facebook and am noticing “follow on Instagram”. Can anyone teach me, non-techie, how do I sign up or sign on, what is the purpose of “accounts”, not sure I’d “follow” people, just want to see what this is and if it’s something I’d like. 

Thanks, Ladies.

David dangle has a great Instagram because he post stuff about Joan Rivers and his cute dog and his gorgeous house

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i enjoy using and viewing instagram daily.

lots of great photos on everything!

you can follow who you want......friends, family, celebs, politicians, pundits

you can unfollow them easily anytime.

you can follow hashtags of your favorite subjects #qvc #usa #spring2019 #vacation

you can make your account as open or as private as you want.

greart for personal or business use, great for causes.

easy to set up on your phone or tablet.

it really is fun, 

take a picture hashtag it 

like #cat #catsofinstagram. most of them will populate as you type

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@SteelPenny wrote:

No one can follow you unless you allow them to on Instagram.  They have to request to be your follower and you have to approve.  

@HerRoyaLioness 

ONLY when your account is private.

my account is not private......anyone can follow me, but i do have the option of blocking them if i need to.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor
I enjoy Instagram but not all the ads. I rarely post anything myself but enjoy following a few people and some pets. If someone follows me that i’m not comfortable with, I block them.
Respected Contributor

@sidsmom @sunshine45  - I had no idea, sorry for the wrong info.  My granddaughter set mine up for me, so I didn't realize that - good to know!