Honored Contributor

Re: INSTAGRAM 101

[ Edited ]

I love Instagram.  I’m only on FB because my long distance relatives are there, and all of the TV shopping channels are using it a lot to introduce new items.  For instance, Valerie Parr Hill still likes to post previews of her new items on FB before they go live.  But she uses Instagram for more personal posts about her family or other things she likes.  

I find that TV shopping channels, news networks, TV shows, movie studios, etc, use Instagram for more one-on-one, behind the scenes connections.  You can often get responses to posts you place with them, but it’s completely up to the individual or business.  

My favorites are travel destinations, cruise lines, authors, fashion designers, home design, animal rescues and conservationists, etc.  You choose who you want to follow.  There’s even a block feature, and a private account feature. You never have to post a thing, or you can post to your heart’s content. 

But like any social media, just like this QVC Forum, there are trolls and bots who may try to bait you, so just don’t engage with questionable posters.

Happy trails!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Yay!  There’s a ton of makeup accounts...which you’ll enjoy.

As for the rotation...When I have my iPad sideways or upside-down,

Instagram’s my only active app which doesn’t rotate. 

Don’t know why...so you’re not alone! 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Shanus 

Yay!  There’s a ton of makeup accounts...which you’ll enjoy.

As for the rotation...When I have my iPad sideways or upside-down,

Instagram’s my only active app which doesn’t rotate. 

Don’t know why...so you’re not alone! 

@sidsmom  I can get sound w/ videos on my phone, but not on IPAD...very strange.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tap the screen to unlock the sound feature:

Does this help?

CEC1092B-0DED-4E1A-9C9B-AB8FF348B7F8.jpegVersusBF1CDDA2-C382-4890-A507-4A45C0C6F8E4.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Yay! I did it! I now have an Instagram account. I watched a few Bobbi Brown videos to start me off.....

One question: On my IPAD, the photos/videos are sideways. Any way to turn it around? Mine doesn’t “stand up” in that direction.

@Shanus , I believe the app is designed for portrait mode only, not landscape.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Tap the screen to unlock the sound feature:

Does this help?

CEC1092B-0DED-4E1A-9C9B-AB8FF348B7F8.jpegVersusBF1CDDA2-C382-4890-A507-4A45C0C6F8E4.jpeg

@sidsmom   I don’t have the mute icon on my screen.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

Even after tapping the screen?

In the bottom left hand corner?

(FYI...I view Instagram on both iPhone & iPad)

Respected Contributor

I love Instagram!  Am not, never was and probably never will be on Facebook.  They are very different, although Instagram has been starting to have ads. Cat Sad

Being on Instagram for my family and friends has been great.  Was able to see my family's trips overseas and to Africa and South America through their posting pics and videos in Instagram.

Am not on many other commercial type accounts for Instagram, mostly family and friends, but this has worked out well for me.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Shanus 

Even after tapping the screen?

In the bottom left hand corner?

(FYI...I view Instagram on both iPhone & iPad)

@sidsmom   On IPad, when I tap on screen I have the usual ❤️ & “home”, etc. Nothing indicating sound in left hand corner. May have to ask geek dh when he’s finished at office today.

Occasional Contributor
Are you notified when and who starts following you on instagram?