Esteemed Contributor

@debfau wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 

Target has an insulated bottle by a brand called Takeya that comes in several sizes that you could get to put your smoothie or water in before leaving house and it would stay quite cold for sometime - I have a 32 oz one by this brand, I like that it has a handle, has a large mouth opening if you wanted to put ice & water in it and then it has a screw-off top for drinking/pouring.

I love my purple Takeya. Use it everyday for ice water. I like it because it's got a wide mouth for ice and a screw top for drinking. I have several sizes but I use the 32 oz for my everyday.

Trusted Contributor

I just stack bottles of frozen water on the bottom of the cooler and lay stuff on top, or stand the bottles uo and put my drinks etc. between them. I have read it's not safe to drink bottled water after it's frozen, so I stick them back in the freezer for the next time I need them.

Honored Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

I just stack bottles of frozen water on the bottom of the cooler and lay stuff on top, or stand the bottles uo and put my drinks etc. between them. I have read it's not safe to drink bottled water after it's frozen, so I stick them back in the freezer for the next time I need them.

@Duckncover 

Interesting ... what was the reason?  Wouldn't it be the same thing if bottled water was made into ice cubes and then they melted in the drink?

Honored Contributor

A good insulated water bottle or thermos will keep things cold (maybe hot too).  

When I go to the beach I bring three items with water.....one is my easy to access water bottle that isn't insuated but I can easily get a drink while driving.  The other is a small insulated bottle that keeps water cold when I go on the beach.  

Once I get off the beach I have a large thermos that I got from LL Bean.  I fill it with ice & water to get a nice cold drink after being on the beach for several hours.  It's been sitting in a hot car for hours but the ice has not melted!....even once I get home if I don't empty it right away and let it sit for a few more hours there is still ice in the thermos!

I suggest getting a good insulated thermos.