Esteemed Contributor

First of all, Cricket is holding her own.  Two doses in of Cerenia, ant-nausea med, but not really eating.  It's almost as if she is willing herself to go.  PapaWick and I are constantly holding her and we are both are telling her it is okay to go.  If this med doesn't help by Monday, we will add Entice to try to stimulate her appetite. Thanks so much for your loving thoughts and prayers.  

Now, for some Mija.

20210715_124458.jpg

20210715_124421.jpg

20210715_124319.jpg

20210715_124252.jpg

20210713_182748.jpg

20210713_182722.jpg

20210713_182654.jpg

20210713_182625.jpg

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

The deer are so sweet, as usual.

Always thinking of darling little Cricket.  She knows how much she is loved.  My heart breaks for you.  Maybe that new medication will work, even for just a while.  Who knows?  You are doing exactly what I would do (and what I have done in the past).  My blessings to the entire Wick family.

Honored Contributor

Sweet precious gentle Mija, such a gift to see!  The photos of her and the adults are a breath of fresh air, nature's miracle!  She is truly a joyous creature and I am glad she has a safe haven at the Wick's.

My heart goes out to you knowing how difficult it is for you and your dear Cricket.  Stay strong and know all of us who are visitors on this post care and understand.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful and always a smile.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: DEER Friday 07/16/2021

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick   The last picture of mama and baby is so cute.  I love when the Doe has her mouth slightly open like she wants to talk to you and thank you for your kindness.

Cricket girl you hang in there girl.  You have wonderful parents that love you very much.  Cricket looks like my Tootsie (my dog from childhood).  My father had a milk route and sometimes I would go with him and he took me to a house where their dog had puppies and I picked out Tootsie (she was the smallest).  Tootsie lived to 14-1/2 years.  The love of my life now is my Tonkinese cat, Ava.  She is a blue mink (gray with taupe and aqua color eyes).   It's actually Ava MIng (I gave her a middle name).  LOL

kindness is strength
Contributor

Mamawick,   My heart aches for you and Papawick,  I know from experience exactly what you are going thru.  You cherish every minute with Cricket.   She knows she is loved.  

Thnak you for the beautiful pictures of your deer family.  They know they are loved too.

Honored Contributor

Those precious pictures-all of them.

I hope this med and the additional one will help. I know our dogs and cats probably do tell us in their own way when they are ready to fly free over that rainbow bridge.

Still it is always so sad because we love them so much and want them here with us. I know @MamaWick,

you and Papa wick will be giving Cricket all the love and gentle comfort she needs. Our hearts are with you all!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

gentle hugs to you @MamaWick and papawick

it is always so hard and darling Cricket knows she is so loved by you both

as well as the many readers here

beautiful pics and we will understand if you can't post for a while

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick 

Thank you again for the photos, showing us the beauty of our animal friends.

My heart goes out to you in this difficult end time with Cricket.  I remember a vet told us one time that the animal will let you know when its time has come.  Just look into her eyes; she will tell you. You will cry buckets of tears, but you will do the right thing by Cricket. 

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick 

Good luck thru the weekend with Sweet Cricket's appetite.  I know with you as her parents, there will be loads of kisses & hugs with Cricket.  A time to reflect, remember all the wonderful times you shared/ still sharing.  

Blessings to you all for a calm, peaceful weekend.  Heart Heart

Boy, Sweet Mija is just adorable.  I'm sure her Mom is so proud & protective of her.  One big, loving, deer family that just loves & appreciates Mama, Papa & Cricket Wick.