Contributor

I work at Walmart - August 29 Update

Hi,I am ok but would like to give another update from me to you.

I have been still working at Walmart 40 hours per week. It's tough wearing a mask during all this time. Sometimes, when I get home it will feels like the mask on!

Our store is always busy. Lots of food stamps being used by the customers now. It's hard for me, when I help the elderly. You can tell they look embarrassed and some of them have told me so. Our store has employees that sanitize all the carts during the day. And we also have a table set up with wipes, and sanitizer when you come through the door. One door is now used to enter and exit the store and we also count each customer this way. Too many customers and we close the door until some come out.

We also have customers and employees wearing their mask or they can't enter without one.

We also have police on the weekends, if anyone causes trouble. Sometimes we are so limited with staff because of them taking a leave of absence. And quitting or just not coming back to work.

Stay safe everyone and keep wearing your mask outdoors and in public places.

Respectfully,

Libra

Honored Contributor

Re: I work at Walmart - August 29 Update

I am glad to hear you are well and doing ok.  Thanks for your update.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just as we thank military personnel for their service, I thank you @Libra2 . Store workers are essential and with the way some customers act, I'm sure there are trying times.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Just as we thank military personnel for their service, I thank you @Libra2 . Store workers are essential and with the way some customers act, I'm sure there are trying times.

I agree so I also would like to Thank You.

Respected Contributor

@Libra2  Happy to hear you’re doing ok. I was just wondering about you the other day. Thanks for the update and thanks for the hard work you’re doing. Stay well.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Libra2. Nice to read your update, and know you are still well and working at Walmart. I can't even imagine wearing a mask as long as you have to at work.

👍 I'm happy to see that your posts are now in the Community Chat forum rather than the Q Talk forum. 👍
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the update. I'm glad its mandatory to wear a mask now. We went in Wal Mart last Monday, first time in many months. It wasn't too crowded here. We tried to stay away from everyone as much as possible. My husband irritated me, because he didn't want to stop, just grab and keep going. That is not my idea of a nice shopping trip. 

Stay safe and thank you for the update and your service. I know it has to be harrowing sometimes.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for writing, Libra2. Was wondering how you were doing. 

I bet Walmart is glad that you are such a reliable 40 hour a week employee. Thank you for showing up and putting up with the good in people and the bad in people. 

Keep the updates coming. 

Honored Contributor

I appreciate all of the Walmart employees when I am there.  I'm sure it's a very stressful situation with dealing with all of the people constantly around.  They have always been so nice to me.

Blessings to all of you and your families.

Honored Contributor

@Libra2 Hi there! So great to hear from you. Sounds like things have calmed down at Walmart and I'm very happy for you. Take care and stay safe Heart