Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

I have been on the boards more in the last few weeks, because I have been home ill and haven't gone out much. I have been on a few times each day lately - probably about 2 hours total each day.

If I wasn't ill and stuck at home I would check in twice a week for anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour each time.  I usually post a few times each time I log in and heart a few posts. My favorite forums are fashion, beauty, and community chat.

((( @wilma )))  I'm sorry you've been ill.  I always enjoy your posts, and I hope you're feeling healthier and stronger now.  Take care.Heart

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I like they way this forum is set up so I visit and respond almost daily.

Honored Contributor

Re: I was just wondering

[ Edited ]

Hckynut(John),

I worked for 40 years behind a desk, and when I was a Computer Dept. Mgr., I would sometimes have to sit non-stop for hours.  When I was not working (for eight years when my children were young) I was far more active, obviously.  Now that my back prevents me from standing too long, I am either sitting or lying down again at this stage of my life.  So far I am lucky I guess.  I did have leg pain recently, but an ultrasound showed no clots.

You may have noticed that I've mentioned that my ex-husband is on his deathbed as we speak.  He lives in CA and 15 years ago suffered a nearly fatal stroke from blood clots he developed on one of his plane trips from CA to NJ.  He has had four strokes over the years since that initial stroke.

This, however, proves that flying and sitting so long can induce blood clots, as you have warned.

This time it is truly terminal and will be very soon as he has refused all tube feeding and IV hydration.  He is paralyzed on one side and cannot swallow.  During these 15 years he has been mostly debilitated and has expressed his desire that no life saving procedures be instituted this time.  I don't blame him, I would feel the same way.  It is very tragic.  He is 83.

Thank you for posting about this.  It should remind us all that we must take breaks from sitting too long.

Ford

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@wilma wrote:

I have been on the boards more in the last few weeks, because I have been home ill and haven't gone out much. I have been on a few times each day lately - probably about 2 hours total each day.

If I wasn't ill and stuck at home I would check in twice a week for anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour each time.  I usually post a few times each time I log in and heart a few posts. My favorite forums are fashion, beauty, and community chat.

((( @wilma )))  I'm sorry you've been ill.  I always enjoy your posts, and I hope you're feeling healthier and stronger now.  Take care.Heart

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts. Going to try to go to work tomorrow for first time in 3 weeks - will see how that goes. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@wilma wrote:

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts. Going to try to go to work tomorrow for first time in 3 weeks - will see how that goes. 

@wilma, You're welcome.  I hope your return to work was a good experience and each day is better than the last one.Heart

@LilacTree, I'm sorry about your ex-husband.Heart  I agree, these reminders are important to all of us.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Contributor

Very little. I hadn't posted for awhile and when I tried to post again I had to re-register. No big deal, really. It's happened to other people. However; I've found that for me it's just not that interesting and the moderation is....well, I'll leave it there. 

~not a new poster, not a new name, never banned, not my first day at the rodeo~