Respected Contributor
Congrats! Mine started in April. I literally teared up when I heard the cost. Such a relief! Happy birthday!
Respected Contributor

Just remember there are senior discounts in resturants, travel, & certain days at Ross or some clothing stores also parks too. AARP is around $8 a year & we have used the card for discounts well worth it for us. Also hotels you show your card get 10% off which isn't much but every little discount helps. 

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

My husbands signed up for Medicare but still working so he doesn’t use it yet. He doesn’t have a supplement and we never get calls. (Unless they are the ones that I’ve been blocking lately as coming across with no name.) he’s still working because I’m not eligible for Medicare for another 18 months and I need insurance otherwise he would have retired by now. 

@Meowingkitty 

I don’t understand your comment about your husband not using it because he is still working. Is it only for people who have retired? Or do you mean he prefers to keep using insurance he has through work?

He signed up for it because he is 65 and had to but he is still working and we use the company’s insurance, He has only signed up for part A and will sign up for Part B and a supplement when he retires and I am eligible for Medicare. I don’t want to use the exchange because it is lousy insurance for a lot of money (twice what we pay now) so that is why he keeps working.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations!  I also just started Medicare last month. My total cost with the supplemental insurance is $600.00 less than my previous insurance which was through the "affordable" care act