Honored Contributor

Today is the day.  I'm thrilled to say I made it to Medicare.  It is much much better coverage than my employer plan.  It's also like a pay raise because  the total cost of Medicare, my supplemental policy, and my RX policy is $400 less per month than my employer plan.   

Please, no political comments.

Honored Contributor

Congratulation! Medicare coverage is great, isn't it? I'm paying so much less than when I was on BCBS through my employer and receiving far better coverage! Yay!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart  Great!  $400 less!  Now prepare for the onslot of calls from various Medicare supplement plans that never stop!!

Esteemed Contributor

My husbands signed up for Medicare but still working so he doesn’t use it yet. He doesn’t have a supplement and we never get calls. (Unless they are the ones that I’ve been blocking lately as coming across with no name.) he’s still working because I’m not eligible for Medicare for another 18 months and I need insurance otherwise he would have retired by now. 

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations!  I hope you use it for a very very very long time! 

Respected Contributor

Congrats!!!! Today is my first day as well. I've been buying my insurance through the exchange and am thrilled at the savings. May we never need to use it, but it's great to have!!!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty My dh retired before I qualified and I pay 1000 a month for poor coverage.In a few more months I will get Medicare at half the price and much better coverage too.

Honored Contributor

@Pook : Phone calls plus excessive mail. I will be 65 in July  but on Social security disability and Medicare since 2003. The phone call blocker is a plus and getting used at least 10 times a day. DH noticed the bundle of mail daily. Have extra trash 🗑 in den that gets filled daily when DH brings the mail in.  Southern Bee 

Respected Contributor

Today is my first day as well.  I’m one who is paying more....my income is low, so I qualified for a subsidy and paid no premium with my former plan.  On the plus side, I have better coverage with a much lower deductible.  And I can now join the fitness center near my home for free.

Stay healthy, everyone!

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

My husbands signed up for Medicare but still working so he doesn’t use it yet. He doesn’t have a supplement and we never get calls. (Unless they are the ones that I’ve been blocking lately as coming across with no name.) he’s still working because I’m not eligible for Medicare for another 18 months and I need insurance otherwise he would have retired by now. 

@Meowingkitty 

I don’t understand your comment about your husband not using it because he is still working. Is it only for people who have retired? Or do you mean he prefers to keep using insurance he has through work?