Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations and Happy Birthday, @CalminHeart !

Like you, my medical insurance premiums went down $580 a month once I was eligible for Medicare.  Yay!    And much better coverage.  This getting older thing isn't all bad!  There are some benefits.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

My Medicare takes effect on August 1 and I haven't gotten any phone calls, not that I would answer them if I did. 

I do get junk mail though about choosing a plan.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Today is the day.  I'm thrilled to say I made it to Medicare.  It is much much better coverage than my employer plan.  It's also like a pay raise because  the total cost of Medicare, my supplemental policy, and my RX policy is $400 less per month than my employer plan.   

Please, no political comments.

@CalminHeart 

You qualify at 65? It sounds great! What a nice birthday gift!

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Meowingkitty My dh retired before I qualified and I pay 1000 a month for poor coverage.In a few more months I will get Medicare at half the price and much better coverage too.

I feel for you, the exorbitant cost is ridiculous. Actually, it is robbery. Glad you only have a few more months to go.

Valued Contributor

Congratulaitons @CalminHeart !!  I started in March.  Medicare -- Rx plan -- and Supplemental are $692 less per month than my private insurance.

Honored Contributor
Respected Contributor

I don't understand how this becomes a pay raise.  without a supplement to pay the 20 percent left behind there is no pay raise.   if there is a supplement, you're spending much more for health care.  Where does the pay raise come into play?

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

I don't understand how this becomes a pay raise.  without a supplement to pay the 20 percent left behind there is no pay raise.   if there is a supplement, you're spending much more for health care.  Where does the pay raise come into play?

I have a supplement and RX policy plus medicare and pay less per month for all three than I did on my employer plan.  The savings is what I called a 'pay raise.'  

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

Today is the day.  I'm thrilled to say I made it to Medicare.  It is much much better coverage than my employer plan.  It's also like a pay raise because  the total cost of Medicare, my supplemental policy, and my RX policy is $400 less per month than my employer plan.   

Please, no political comments.

@CalminHeart 

You qualify at 65? It sounds great! What a nice birthday gift!

Everyone qualifies for Medicare at 65.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart 

CONGRATULATIONS! & HAPPY 65 th BIRTHDAY! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”