Honored Contributor

Re: I'm back from my interview...

How many hours do you want to work? I would wait and see if an offer to stay on is actually made and if so, for how long. If they only want you to stay and train new people, they should make it worth your while...you are the one with the experience and expertise. If there’s a good chance they will kick you to the curb after training, I would not consider staying if you feel another offer is forthcoming from another place. Hopefully, you can stay on and train and as soon as an offer comes in that you want, you can go. You sound way overqualified for the job you interviewed for today...but it IS a job...and it was professional and nice of you to go to the interviews that your friend arranged. Good luck!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Your remarks about the most recent interview speaks volumes..."it is not what I'm looking for."  Now that you heard the new ownership of your last position may be offering you a position is where you should concentrate.  Will they offer the same position you had?  If so, will the salary be the same, higher or lower?  You need to be prepared for an answer or counter offer, whichever comes first.  

Other posters mentioned the same thing I was thinking, if the new owner hires you and you accept, will they turn you loose after you get them set up to where they want to be?  Only you can answer some of the questions and whatever comes your way, your gut feeling is what counts.  I wish you the best of luck in whichever direction you go.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe this has already been mentioned but did the friend who arranged the job interview also able to give you a letter of recommendation? ( you might be able to write one for her to sign for you if you think she would)  And  other people you worked with should give you one also.

If you have certification for the pharmacy job and they want to send you to training it is because it will be newer even if it is the exact same thing.

I don't see anything strange in today's world about being interviewed by someone in jeans.

If you are offered a job at your former place of work you should check to see if you will be able to receive unemployment if you refuse it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My old job did this to those of us who were left. We all had approximately 40-50 weeks of severance pay if we had gotten laid off by the original company. When this new company came in they made sure we kept all of our benefits like vacation, sick time etc and they avoided all questions about layoffs. Then they told us exactly one year later when we all got laid off we would only get 2 weeks severance pay because technically we only worked for them for 1 year. Be careful. Don't believe anything they say, get everything in writing.

Trusted Contributor

If they allow jeans to be worn in this store then wearing them for an interview is totally normal. Usually an interview in the store is just something that you schedule into you're normal day. Also jeans might have been because it was a delivery day. But you did the right thing by dressing professionally becuase it makes you stand out from the people who will no joke show up in shorts.

Respected Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

If they allow jeans to be worn in this store then wearing them for an interview is totally normal. Usually an interview in the store is just something that you schedule into you're normal day. Also jeans might have been because it was a delivery day. But you did the right thing by dressing professionally becuase it makes you stand out from the people who will no joke show up in shorts.

showing up in shorts doesn't mean they didn't get the job

Trusted Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

@pigletsmom wrote:

showing up in shorts doesn't mean they didn't get the job

Sloppy gym style shorts? It means you didn't get the job if I was doing the interview.