Respected Contributor

Re: I'm back from my interview...

@Laura14 wrote:

@Hoovermom I hope your DH is having success on his end too and @SunSprite still thinking of you on your own job front.  Heart

Thanks all for walking with me through all of this.  Your advice and virtual hugs have brought me more comfort than you know this past week.  I know I've been a posting hog lately so I am returning this board back to the Coronavirus.  You all rock!  Smiley Happy

@Laura14 :  Thank you so much for your post.  He has another phone interview tomorrow.....waiting game is so hard like you are experiencing.  Just a thought....if you stay with present company could you get all of it in writing to protect you?  Again, keep us posted.  

Honored Contributor

OMG @SunSprite I am your twin. When you figure out how to goose yourself to go be happy, let me know!

And you go stay home. One if the things I have learned this past year is people don't appreciate sacrifices. If you can protect yourself, do it. I'll write you a doctor's note from Juan Epstein's mother. Worked all the time on Kotter. 😂✍️🙋
Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14   Good Luck!

I was a "temp" for a year with the company that sold off the line of business.  I was off for 1 week when they called me back. My pay & benefits remaied the same as when I worked for the company.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom It would be with the new people taking over on Friday and apparently we're going to be surprised on Thursday as to who stays and who is out. I am having flashbacks of picking a team in gym class or a council of Survivor. Not sure if we'll get official offer letters or not.

Glad to hear DH is on the path. We need a winner! Extra good luck wish. 👍
Valued Contributor

@Laura14  hahahaha @ Epstein. Oh my goodness hadn't thought about that in years. 

And I know you are right about the sacrifices thing, and I also know that I will be right back there tomorrow Smiley Surprised

Stubborn old Gemini, that's me. 

(ok so if you are a Gemini, Virgo rising, the twin thing could be for real) Smiley Wink

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Trusted Contributor

I'll be slammed for this but I think you're a good story teller.. I remember your posts from a few years ago.  Could be that writing may work out for you.

Honored Contributor

@SunSprite It's the Virgo!! You busy organizers you. I'll lend you my Aries horns to prod the fanny and I think I am Sag rising so I come armed as well to get that requisition you want. 😉
Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 I am a great story teller. Problem is you can't make this stuff up. ☹️. Glad you're having a smoother ride of it.
Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14  If nothing else, it sounds like the interview was an eye-opener in lousy business skills on their part. Jeans to conduct an interview? I'm stunned. Proud (but not surprised) of you for dressing the part. 

What about staying with the company in order to keep your insurance and benefits? If and when something better comes along that suits your fancy, give your notice and jump ship. You'll still have a work history for your resume, an on-going income and be able to take advantage of their classes (even if you think they may be a repeat, you might learn something new). 

Delighted to hear your family will be around soon. You'll be able to hear their comments and how supportive they are (or aren't). Sorry, but I seem to have missed the past year of your posts due to my compound fractures and don't know how your family relationships are going. Hope all is well and you are being treated with the love and respect you so deserve. Heart  Keep us in the loop of what's going on! This is the most interesting post I've read since 12/26/2018. LOL

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady 😂😂😂😂