Respected Contributor

Re: I'll say it again: It's not fun here anymore:

It is rather quiet at times, but overall I prefer this new version of the BBs. There's less drama and THAT I really enjoy.  My real life supplies me with enough drama.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

This post has been removed by QVC. Sorry - this post lead to an argument. :-(

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@brii wrote:

I don't see people complaining and hoping they change the forum back to what it was.  I see people commenting on its current state of non-participation. 

Not in this thread, no. But that recurring theme certainly exists on the forums. I did say I wasn't specifically referring to this thread, in offering a perspective on why people get irritated at such threads in general.

If something is irritating, it's easy enough to skip on by.

A very small percentage of posters want the forums to return to their former state.  I don't see many people mention it at all.

Honored Contributor

Here's something fun:

Peanutize yourself: http://www.peanutizeme.com/

(to promote the new Peanuts movie)

(also a new thread in TV and Movies)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

It is rather quiet at times, but overall I prefer this new version of the BBs. There's less drama and THAT I really enjoy.  My real life supplies me with enough drama.  Smiley Happy

could not have said it better myself! Woman Happy

i also think that if posters really care and want more "fun" and activity then they should go ahead and create it......and let the others tag along......to keep it FUN. if your board friends are gone, create new ones!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

All I know is, there are boards out there, where if you are not part of the clique, and agree with everything that they say, then they tear you apart. There are boards that are run by bullies, and they'll make fun of you (and not in a good way) if you dare to think for yourself, and have a different opinion. They say that they are open to differing opinions, but not really. I finally got fed up with the decided one sidedness, and left.  There are boards that claim to be tolerant of all opinions, but in reality, they're not. They only tolerate the opinions that they like. And they bad mouth the posters here. People thought that it got bad here, when we were allowed to argue? That was tame compared to what goes on at other boards.

Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@brii wrote:

I don't see people complaining and hoping they change the forum back to what it was.  I see people commenting on its current state of non-participation. 

Not in this thread, no. But that recurring theme certainly exists on the forums. I did say I wasn't specifically referring to this thread, in offering a perspective on why people get irritated at such threads in general.

If something is irritating, it's easy enough to skip on by.

A very small percentage of posters want the forums to return to their former state.  I don't see many people mention it at all.

Ah, the old "if you don't like it, ignore it." About as popular (and old) as "change the channel."

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I wasn't too crazy about all the changes at first, and still, truthfuly, am not as good at moving around as I would like to be.  But, I have gotten over being really peeved about it -- LOL!!! I do, for the most part, find it to be more calm here.  Having more moderation is good. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

All I know is, there are boards out there, where if you are not part of the clique, and agree with everything that they say, then they tear you apart. There are boards that are run by bullies, and they'll make fun of you (and not in a good way) if you dare to think for yourself, and have a different opinion. They say that they are open to differing opinions, but not really. I finally got fed up with the decided one sidedness, and left.  There are boards that claim to be tolerant of all opinions, but in reality, they're not. They only tolerate the opinions that they like. And they bad mouth the posters here. People thought that it got bad here, when we were allowed to argue? That was tame compared to what goes on at other boards.

Sorry you were unhappy, however the discussion is about this board.  Not sure why you choose to share this now.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

I am on an I Pad and have had no jumping....I miss lots of people, though..terrier 3, Crow are a couple that come to mind...there were lots of folks we learned so much from and had fun with...I remember coming here the night my Dad died..and then a month later when my mom died..there was so much empathy and support for me....

it it is different now, but I am not ready to give up....

MotherTrucker...aka stilltamn8r.....