Honored Contributor

I just ordered my AncestryDNA!

I don't know if I'm scared or happy. But definitely excited about getting it! I just wanna know.Woman Happy

Super Contributor

Re: I just ordered my AncestryDNA!

I did mine last summer and it is a very exciting process. Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I don't know if I'm scared or happy. But definitely excited about getting it! I just wanna know.Woman Happy

What service did you use? I am thinking of doing the same because I think it would be fun to find out about my ancestors. Good luck, SilleeMee.

Honored Contributor

How exciting!  Good for you!!.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11,

I used Ancestry. Go to retailmenot and get one of their coupons for either free shipping or 10% off. Good luck. I'm excited!

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee, I ordered 23andMe yesterday. I wanted a more comprehensive one. Ancestry has a couple. My sister did the one that she got for $50 with a Groupon coupon. It only showed 4 ethnicities...European, Native American, African, and Asian. They have a more comprehensive one also for $99.

Let me tell you...we had a total surprise in our results! That led me to want more information...along with the medical information also.

It's fun, and we belong to Ancestry (dot) com, so I'll be doing a lot of digging. Whatever the results, enjoy and celebrate your ancestry!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Trinity11,

I used Ancestry. Go to retailmenot and get one of their coupons for either free shipping or 10% off. Good luck. I'm excited!

Thank you so much!! My kids have been after me to try this and I think today's the day.

Honored Contributor

@Yardlie,

I got the 99 one. I didn't know of any other one from Ancestry. I want to get the 23&me  done eventually...does this one tell you about your medical background?

Valued Contributor

My husband gave me this for Christmas and it was very exciting.  I found out, to my great surprise, that my number one heritage is Irish.  We had a big St. Patrick's Day family dinner celebration because of our new discovery.  It was tons of fun.  Congrats and enjoy!!

KK

Honored Contributor

@Karlakaye,

How exciting is that!  I've been on the fence a long time...well at least since this kind of dna thing has been out...and I'm besides myself. I think I'm going to find out that I have blood from around the world!Woman Very Happy