Trusted Contributor

Re: I feel like I'm living in a sauna...........

@Meowingkitty wrote:

In Arizona at 1:30 is around 110. But we don’t have humidity for now. When the monsoons get here that will be a different story. Thank goodness everywhere has a/c.

Agreed!!  As long as our electric company (APS) doesn't have an interruption in service, we'll be fine in Phx.  I go out when I must; however, house is very comfortable and our weather is predictable!!

Honored Contributor

I'm in SE PA and yes it's hot & humid....thank goodness for central AC!!  It's on most of the time...yet we still got a lot of days throughout the summer when the temps & humidity is low.  Where my mother is in SE FL it's hot & humid nonstop for months!

Honored Contributor

Here in northern Michigan we had one heck of a very long cold, snowy, brutal winter. That would be the day I would even think of complaining about it being a hot, sultry summer! We finally started having summery weather and I am in complete heaven. I love it hot. I love it humid. Living on a lake we live for the summers. I'm a happy camper. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

@granddi wrote:

Even with central AC in Texas, the humidity is brutal.

I found a product called DAMP RID. Mine is a bag of crystals and below is a clear bag. 

I guess somehow the crystals attract the moisture in the air and magically the bag is fulling with water. (Amazon)

I have one hanging in the laundry room near the kitchen in the hopes that I can keep the indoor humidity at 50% but it goes up to 60+ at times. 

If that is not enough to fret about, now we have mosquitos that have tested positive for West Nile. 

@granddi  I’ve used Damp Rid in closets. Good stuff. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Low 80’s here in WV; it feels great, and I am enjoying it.  With our mountains and trees, we are rarely without a slight breeze, and we rarely have the humidity levels that bring misery.   WV summers are great.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  It might be cooler in upper Maine.  Chicago here and it was 91 today and I refused to go outside.  Hot and muggy and there is no relief for weeks.  Yes, summer is here.  I could not live in the South but I did spend time in Biloxi, MS and it was extremely hot.  After a rain the streets would steam.  I am surprised it is so hot in your area.  Sounds like we are having the same kind of weather.  Tomorrow I will venture out but I should go out early.  Stay cool!   P.S.  I was a legal secretary and assistant for many years -- litigation was my favorite.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

It's vile... 96 today in my area and humid... Then it rained, might have cooled down a degree or two but even more humid... Then it rained again... By now it's so humid you can cut it with a knife... It'd be fine with me if summer lasted a month and fall lasted for six or so months...  Summer blah... Yea, right, plenty to do if you feel like doing it but this muck is draining if you're outside in it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

It is so hot and so muggy here in NE PA.  I know it's been like this in a lot of the country and I feel for everyone dealing with it.  I hate complaining because I dislike winter but I feel like I'm going to melt.

In my younger years I lived for this weather and would  lay out in this for hours, with or without a pool.  The older I get I can't do the extremes. No hot/damp rain forest temps and no windchill freezing cold.

Short of  moving to Hawaii for moderate temps I'm out of luck. I would die in the South and I don't care if it's a dry heat, nowhere 100 + in the Southwest.

Everyone take care during this awful heat. Please check on the elderly. Pets too.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

i hate very hot and humid temperatures also. i am in the baltimore area. i dont like having the house all closed up either.

not sure about hawaii for moderate temperatures. we just got back from hawaii and it was 90+ every day.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much for giving me a giggle this humid evening.The part about if anyone sees you.I'm chubby & turned 72 yesterday so I keep my shorts & sleeveless stuff for home. Oh Well it is what it is.Man Happy

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I hate the bitter cold also but at least you can add another layer to keep warm.  If you have to go out in the blistering heat and humidity you can only peel down so far in public.  

I am 16 months shy of 70 and carry extra wight so I don't inflict the sight of me sleeveless and in shorts on the general public. In the house I will do it but nowhere else.  If anyone stops by and sees me, well that's their misfortune, they can poke their eyes out later.  lol

Respected Contributor

@granddi 

Do you think Damp Rid would help in a bathroom?   Ours doesn't have a window nor a fan so it gets very humid and damp when we shower.    I wonder if Damp Rid would 'soak' up moisture in there.