Esteemed Contributor

Re: I feel like I'm living in a sauna...........

In Arizona at 1:30 is around 110. But we don’t have humidity for now. When the monsoons get here that will be a different story. Thank goodness everywhere has a/c.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have this weird way I divide summer. June is summer,July is summer and August even though it is still hot is fall prep month🤣 In my head I have deleted a month off summer in my brain somehow lol

Esteemed Contributor

This is my kind of weather! I love, love, love the sunny, warm days. Didn't think they would ever get to Lincoln and am thoroughly enjoying the upper 90's this week! Just trading high heating bills for high AC bills, so who cares about the cost of keeping cool inside. Enjoy the long days of summer, the beauty of green grass and lovely blooms, and the ability to take walks each morning! So much to do outside when the weather is warm: art walks, concerts in the parks, restaurants open their sidewalk dining, neighbors visiting on the patios, family get-togethers around the grill, friends and a mimosa as we wander about the yard before brunch, etc. It doesn't get any better than this for my health and well being! Hope everyone else survives what makes me so happy. Woman Very Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

It's summer, it gets hot in many, many areas of the country. It's in the low 90's and a bit muggy in SW Michigan. Another couple of months and people will start complaining about it being cold. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

I hate the bitter cold also but at least you can add another layer to keep warm.  If you have to go out in the blistering heat and humidity you can only peel down so far in public.  

I am 16 months shy of 70 and carry extra wight so I don't inflict the sight of me sleeveless and in shorts on the general public. In the house I will do it but nowhere else.  If anyone stops by and sees me, well that's their misfortune, they can poke their eyes out later.  lol

Honored Contributor

It seems like I was just enjoying beautiful high 70’s sunny weather finally after too much rain. Well the switch flipped, and now it’s 90, so my complaining has officially begun. AC, whiles great invention will never be as nice as a breeze coming through the window. Sigh, 😢

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm in VA and the temperature and humidity are bad here too.  It's presently 85 and with humidity it says feels like 93.  Haven't walked this week - too hot!

ETA:  I sweat just thinking about the temps in Arizona and Nevada!

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

It is so hot and so muggy here in NE PA.  I know it's been like this in a lot of the country and I feel for everyone dealing with it.  I hate complaining because I dislike winter but I feel like I'm going to melt.

In my younger years I lived for this weather and would  lay out in this for hours, with or without a pool.  The older I get I can't do the extremes. No hot/damp rain forest temps and no windchill freezing cold.

Short of  moving to Hawaii for moderate temps I'm out of luck. I would die in the South and I don't care if it's a dry heat, nowhere 100 + in the Southwest.

Everyone take care during this awful heat. Please check on the elderly. Pets too.

Respected Contributor

Even with central AC in Texas, the humidity is brutal.

I found a product called DAMP RID. Mine is a bag of crystals and below is a clear bag. 

I guess somehow the crystals attract the moisture in the air and magically the bag is fulling with water. (Amazon)

I have one hanging in the laundry room near the kitchen in the hopes that I can keep the indoor humidity at 50% but it goes up to 60+ at times. 

If that is not enough to fret about, now we have mosquitos that have tested positive for West Nile. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

It is so hot and so muggy here in NE PA.  I know it's been like this in a lot of the country and I feel for everyone dealing with it.  I hate complaining because I dislike winter but I feel like I'm going to melt.

In my younger years I lived for this weather and would  lay out in this for hours, with or without a pool.  The older I get I can't do the extremes. No hot/damp rain forest temps and no windchill freezing cold.

Short of  moving to Hawaii for moderate temps I'm out of luck. I would die in the South and I don't care if it's a dry heat, nowhere 100 + in the Southwest.

Everyone take care during this awful heat. Please check on the elderly. Pets too.

birdiewave.giffrom across the pond.

Surprisenly not too hot.  Nice breeze w/the thunderstorms.  Maybe because I am in the boonies.

Neighbor & I walking in the woods during the storm.  As we were leaving, neighbor spotted a fox family & took a pic using zoom.  Didn't want to get too close as we did not see the "parents" & didn't want to get leave  our "human" scent.

Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at Sat, Jun 29, 2019-6.00.08 PM.png

My first time seeing a fox. 

In about 1 hr, going back into the woods before round 2 of thunderstorms.  It's sunny out now w/clear skies.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Where I live the air conditioners get cranked up sometime in April and not turned off until middle of October or even later.  Once in awhile we'll switch back even in November because it's not unheard of to have hot days even then.