Esteemed Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

The bank knows. I think they snatch the money back before next transaction too.  Otherwise everything is recorded.   One time my daughter got home and went to het atm money and saw she was shirted by 60 dollars.  She wentback to bank and they knew it was hers, and had everyting computed.  They knew she was short changed  money was returned

Wow, that was fast. I was told they had to wait until the person comes and counts the money on Tuesday. If there was an overage of $200 they would deposit the money back in my account otherwise there would be an investigation and they would start with the cameras. 

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I did not know about that 40 second function.  It's good to know but I suppose it doesn't help much if there is a person right behind you.  I remember the person behind me left there money and walked out but hiubby was with me and he ran after the man and gave him his money.  

I didn't know either and the guy made me nervous and I just wanted to get out as it was dark. I took my card put it on the seat and drove off. I don't know how many seconds I spent while he moved right up. 

The good thing is I believe he had a truck and it's higher and the money withdrawal thing is at the bottom so if he put his card in, I'm hoping the money was eaten back at that time. Fingers crossed.

Respected Contributor

@qvcfreak   Hello there. Did you get your money back yet?

Esteemed Contributor

I did @hellie jo , yesterday the money was deposited back into my account. 

Respected Contributor

@qvcfreak  Great! I am so glad for you.Have a great week-end.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @hellie jo  I was relieved, so grateful and very happy. You have a great weekend too.