Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry that you got frightened away before taking your money.

Was this at a walk up ATM, or a drive up one?

I've  had people stand a respectable distance behind me at a walk-up ATM, and vehicles behind me at the drive-up ATM, and I have never felt terrified.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I found a wallet in the vegetable section of a store... someone had set it down probaby to bag something and walked away.... I immediantly gave it to the person that was working in the section of the store.  I suppose I could have taken it to CS myself... but just thought it better to hand it off to an employee  and let them take care of it. I knew it would be on camera  that I handed it over to the employee.  Everything these days is on camera... 

Esteemed Contributor

No one should try to deal with a boss's call and a truck crowding you WHILE working an ATM.

You earn a pass.

Honored Contributor

I don't mind leaving found items in a Lost & Found.   Once I misplaced my phone on a counter in a store.    Someone turned it in.    When I went to the Lost & Found, they made me describe the phone and give them the  number, which they called.  

Another time I left my handbag in a cart in the parking lot, someone turned it in.

When I went back later to claim at the Lost & Found, I had to describe the bag & a few of the contents, since I didn't have an ID.    The ladies at the L&F were diligent.

Paging someone is unnecessary.   They may not even be in the store anymore.   They may be outside, gone to a different store or gone home with a friend or family  member.

Nothing is 100%.   Sometimes you just have to have faith in the good in people.

Honored Contributor

Have you been able to check your account online, to see if the money went back into the account?

I hope you don't end up losing the money.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

I went to the ATM around 6:30p, I got very nervous with the truck behind me, then my boss called me and I took my card and left without my $200.  I feel so stupid. Will call the bank in the morning.

Any news?

Super Contributor

@Jaspersmom wrote:

@caroln242 wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

My worst moment was at an outdoor craft fair.  I had my craft money ($300) in an envelope in my purse.  Got out of my car in the large parking area and opened my purse to put my keys away and get out my wallet.  Didn't realize that the envelope with all the money had fallen to the ground until I went to pay for something at a craft booth.  Someone sure had a lucky day when they found that!  I was upset for the rest of the day.

So sorry you lost all that money.  I'd be upset too.

One time my husband and I found someone's wallet laying on the ground in a parking lot.  We took it into the store but didn't just hand it over to lost and found because it was full of cash and credit cards.  We held on to it and had them announce over the speaker that a wallet was found outside on the ground.  A little while later a man came to claim the wallet and looked at us like we stole it and walked away without even saying thank you.  People are sometimes just ignorant and rude.

There's a saying..."if you can live with it, I can live without it".  I try to remember that whenever someone steals or cheats.

Many years ago, I was getting into my car when I spotted a handbag in a grocery cart.  I took it back into the store, but the management refused to page anyone on the loudspeaker.  They wanted me to leave the bag, but I felt quite uneasy about it.  I looked in the wallet, found the address and drove to the street (not far from where I lived).  I knocked on the door and a young man answered.  I said that I had found it in a cart and it was probably his mother's.  He took the bag, barely thanked me and closed the door.  Oh well, I felt good I'd done a good deed and treated someone the way I would have wanted to be treated.

I just hate it when stuff like that happens. As they say, no good deed goes unpunished!  I'd like to forget when things like that happen, but for some reason it really sticks in my head.  I'm not good at just shrugging things off it seems.

Man plans. God laughs.
Respected Contributor

@qvcfreak 

$200.00 is nothing COMPARED to you - you got nervous, but YOU ARE SAFE and SOUND. 

A minor sufferage compared with what COULD'VE happened.

I'm glad you are here to post about it. Just sayin...

Happy New Year QVC Freak, Blessings to you and yours.

Honored Contributor

Stuff happens.  I have the left the ATM without taking my card with me, more than once.  I never left without taking my money.  It will be interesting to see if the bank can do anything if there was no malfunction of the machine.  You just left the money.  Let us know how it works out.

Honored Contributor

Any up date?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.