Respected Contributor

Re: I am angry and sick with grief this morning

@Teddie wrote:

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

This is horrible!!!

It sounds like your family did all the right things in moving him, etc.

Your dad knows that you are looking out for him, and that's what counts.

Heart

@Marienkaefer2  You are thoughtful to reach out to @jubilant.  I thought you'd want to know she posted on 6/30 that, sadly, her dad had passed away. 

@Teddie

Thank you for telling me!  I missed that.

It's so hard to lose a loved one.  Even when they're in hospice, and you know the time is coming.  It's still very very heartbreaking.

At least she has the comfort in knowing that she was able to get him into another place where he could have peace at the end.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Trusted Contributor

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

This is horrible!!!

It sounds like your family did all the right things in moving him, etc.

Your dad knows that you are looking out for him, and that's what counts.

Heart

@Marienkaefer2  You are thoughtful to reach out to @jubilant.  I thought you'd want to know she posted on 6/30 that, sadly, her dad had passed away. 

@Teddie

Thank you for telling me!  I missed that.

It's so hard to lose a loved one.  Even when they're in hospice, and you know the time is coming.  It's still very very heartbreaking.

At least she has the comfort in knowing that she was able to get him into another place where he could have peace at the end.

I so agree with each of your thoughts. I feel the same way, @Marienkaefer2

Regular Contributor

Will the state department still continue the investigation?  It is still an issue.

Honored Contributor

@PinkieBelle wrote:

Will the state department still continue the investigation?  It is still an issue.

Yes, they are proceeding with the investigation.  That is all I can say at this time. The morning my dad died I came home to a letter from our State Health Department explaining in detail how they would proceed.  I am expecting to hear form them any day.  I have debated as to whether or not to report Dad's death to them as it is already in progress (to my understanding)  so they will find out about Dad when they do the survey.  I think it may already have taken place (not sure)....and am hoping to hear something this week. We had Dad's funeral on Monday.

I also think "it is still an issue", PinkieBelle.  I hope it changes things for the better in that particular nursing home. I hope people will tell the truth.