Trusted Contributor

Brave NYC Officer-May We Honor Her Service

Missotis Familia, a New York City police officer was murdered.  She was a well-loved and respected member of the force, her community, and her family according various news reports, print and digital.  She was also a loving mother of three, devoted daughter who cared for her elderly mother, and a loving sibling.  Based on what I read, she embodied the best ideals of what we hope in law enforcement officials: she cared about her community, she sought ways to engage people in a respectful manner, she knew the cultures of her community, and she was bilingual (a needed benefit in the community in which she lived and served).  Yet, she was not hesitant about enforcing laws and seeking justice based on media reports.  

I hope we can pause, and for those that are believers, say a prayer for her family that they receive some comfort.  If you are not a believer, perhaps you can say thanks for her service, or however you wish to reflect on those on the frontlines. Thanks. 

QVC Customer Care

Re: Brave NYC Officer-May We Honor Her Service

Honored Contributor

Incredibly sad. Thank you Officer Familia,  I wish you were still here. So sorry for her family, blood and work family.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Heartbreaking story.  Such a senseless act that will change the lives of so many people.

Esteemed Contributor

@Zernia Rose, it really seems like there is no respect for human life anymore. This policewoman was just sitting in her car. Makes no sense. I honestly think people are getting numb to it. 

Honored Contributor

Officer Familia,

Image result for rest in peace images

Honored Contributor

IMG_5871.JPGIMG_5872.JPG

Honored Contributor

Heartbreaking.   Her picture just beamed across the TV with her smile.

Texas just lost another officer-shot in the head.  The march for the Blue was yesterday.

May all those who serve and protect be remembered every single day in thought and prayer. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

An extremely sad story!

God bless her family and friends, while they deal with this heartbreaking situation.

Respected Contributor

Heartbreaking.

Rest in Peace.Heart