Honored Contributor

Re: I Was Thinking......(Dangerous...I know)

@chrystaltree No chance of winning an award for baking a pie, especially apple.  I don't remember EVER baking an apple pie.  I'm not a good cook.  What I do cook (or bake) I'm OK, but not great.  Only Lasagna am I known for making. 

I do make great Lasagna.  Now my daughter....she makes amazing apple pies from scratch.  She doesn't get her talent from me. 

I had an Aunt that helped raise me.  That woman was a real baker back when everything was made from scratch (before mixes).

So, I'll never be confused with any awards...actually.  Don't think I've ever won an award.  

Honored Contributor

You crack me up @Annabellethecat66 and inspire me. 

I was just thinking the other day of a nun who told us all to close our books after reading a bible story.   We had parroted back what we heard in church every Sunday about what the story meant.  She made us sit for 2 minutes and think about what we ourselves actually thought not what anyone else had ever told us it was. 

She then made a speech I remember to this day.  God gave you a mind and a conscience.  Use them and never follow anyone blindly.  You're too special for that.

Love her to this day for giving me permission to be my own person and not to jump off any bridges with my friends or adults.  The person who has your best interest always is you.    

Honored Contributor

You had a great teacher!  Mine was wise Mr. Pince whom I remember vividly from 6th grade..... he was the kind, even-tempered teacher that opened our minds and was one of the educational cornerstones in my life.   

Unfortunately, there is no debate/discourse anymore.  No exchanging and discussing of ideas without overt contempt.  Just bad tempered lecturing.... I, too hope this changes in the future. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*