Honored Contributor

Re: I SCORED CLOROX DISINFECTING WIPES AT WAL-MART TODAY

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

My son was in Home Depot & got me 2   3 packs of disenfecting wipes.That was the limit.They are an off brand  of Clorox wipes. In addition I learned how to make my own in the Spring.So I think we're set through the winter.

@NicksmomESQ 

I only say this because I think it's important and worth repeating to everyone here and anyone you can inform IRL.

If you're using Clorox bleach (or any chlorine bleach), it loses it's efficacy in just 24 hours.  So if you're making them for day to day use from the bleach jug, you're good.

I just think it's worthwhile to know that you may be wiping down products, surfaces and you'll be ridding yourself of the Covid 19, but technically-- you aren't.

And Clorox that was purchased at the beginning of the pandemic (or before) is no longer strong enough to disinfect.  After 6 months it just gets *weaker and weaker*.

These are things I've learned here, and searched further online to see that this is indeed to be true.

Just a heads up.

I wouldn't want anyone getting sick because they were sure that what they were doing was enough to disinfect.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I SCORED CLOROX DISINFECTING WIPES AT WAL-MART TODAY

@Lucky Charm  I assume you're referring to the disinfecting wipes that I make myself.I don't use bleach.I use 70- 90% alcohol. But thanks for the information.It may help others.