Esteemed Contributor

Re: I SCORED CLOROX DISINFECTING WIPES AT WAL-MART TODAY

I think I have enough wipes and hand sanitizer and paper towels and toilet paper to last through next year.  I guess not being able to get it made me look harder.  A gal has to have something to do in these hard times.  LOL  

In any case now I am on to a new project... finding something to clean an oriental rug.  My pups.. and urine.  Yikes.  never had such a hard time cleaning and refreshing anything.  

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I think I have enough wipes and hand sanitizer and paper towels and toilet paper to last through next year.  I guess not being able to get it made me look harder.  A gal has to have something to do in these hard times.  LOL  

In any case now I am on to a new project... finding something to clean an oriental rug.  My pups.. and urine.  Yikes.  never had such a hard time cleaning and refreshing anything.  

I've done and oriental rug before using a carpet steamer and it didn't ruin it.

Also, you can use a wet sponge mop with sudsy water (dish liquid) and lightly scrub with that.  Go back with a bucket of plain water.

As far as puppy, there is a product I get called BioKleen Bac Out.  I prefer the lime scented.  It's plant based, safe for puppies and babies.  Removes odors very well and leaves a fresh scent. 

I use it undiluted for my cats litter boxes after I empty them.

You can find it at most grocery stores, Whole Foods, and I buy it by the gallon from Amazon.  Really recommend.

Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

Should gloves be worn while using those wipes? My understanding is they are not meant for the hands.  When they are being used liberally around the house and on packages that arrive by the mail and ups, I think that gloves are probably not given much thought.  I think that before covid there use was not to the extreme are they are now and so the occasional use without gloves was not much of an issue.  On the other hand the wipes that don't contain the c.h.d. but primarily alcohol probably don't need gloves.  Just thinking out loud. 

@agb80 

You're right.  I've used them on my hands when I've left stores and just feel like I really need to disinfect before I start driving.  (And I wear disposable gloves when shopping.) They practically burn my palms.  I wash with soap and water when I get home.

I've also wiped things down without using gloves and I get that same tingly feeling.  I do keep a pair of playtex gloves (the kind for dishwashing) that I use specifically for wiping down store bought items.  Just sometimes I pop that lid without donning the gloves!

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I was lucky that last week I found a pack of 5 (85 wipes in each) containers.  It was, of course, one per person per day.  I only realized they had them

as I was getting into the checkout line and saw them in the cart of the woman ahead of me.

I raced back down the store and got them.  Just as I was walking away a man asked me where I'd found them, so I showed him.  I didn't go back to the store until several days later and, of course, they're gone.  I'm just glad I happened to hit it on the right day.

@Venezia   I would have taken my groceries to the car, turned around and gone right back in and bought more.  I don't go anywhere without them these days. If I don't have gloves with me, I put them on the handle of the buggy.  I've seen no real proper cleaning of any of them. 

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama - You can't do that. You have to swipe your membership card first when you check out and it keeps track of the items.

I wouldn't anyway because I know everyone is trying to find these things, too. In fact, I told another lady they had them in. She was just going in as I was leaving and she appreciated the heads up.

If they'd had any left, when I went in the next time, I would've bought more though!  😊

Esteemed Contributor

My son was in Home Depot & got me 2   3 packs of disenfecting wipes.That was the limit.They are an off brand  of Clorox wipes. In addition I learned how to make my own in the Spring.So I think we're set through the winter.

Valued Contributor

One of my local Targets had Clorox wipes last weekend.  It was a pleasant sight.

Trusted Contributor

Glad you found some!  We haven't had any trouble finding them here at all. They have been on store shelves for months.  Hopefully your store will be fully stocked soon.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia 

At Wal-Mart a few months ago, stopping just to see if they had wipes. I spotted lady with 5 pack and rushed to cleaning aisle. None.  I asked clerk and told none.  I then followed (yes, followed) the lady to ask her where she got but chickened out.. So strange .

Wipes still rare here.

Trusted Contributor

I’ve been looking for them for awhile. Sam’s finally has them again. 🎈