Honored Contributor

@KatieB  as she posted, she threw out the first one's packaging, that is why.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Jordan2 

I also had a problem with Target... I was at the checkout line, the cashier had checked out half of my purchases, suddenly a Manager walked over to the cashier and told him to void out my order and go help with a curbside pickup, pronto! So the cashier voided my order and said sorry you will have to go to another line to check out and start over again....  I was as mad as a hornet...I asked for the Manager and told her why couldnt he finish my order (there were just a few items left) or why didnt she tell  the woman at the self checkout station go help curbside there was no one there....or why couldnt she finish checking me out....And her answer was "sorry curbside is a priority per Corporate".....  I left my merchandise there and walked out of the store after confirming my order was voided.... Then I went across the highway to Walmart to make my purchases....  If Target says they are struggling with sales with stories like ours we know why....Woman Frustrated

@Spurt    I would have been STEAMING MAD 

Respected Contributor

I would have bought the one for the cheaper price as you said you had already discarded the packaging so use the packaging to return the first one with the original receipt and get a refund !!!

Respected Contributor

I guess they wouldn't take it back without the package it came in?  I'm kind of surprised  -- I've never had a problem with stores not accepting my returns.  And I return a lot of stuff - anything that I don't want for whatever reason, with and without the original packaging.

Honored Contributor

@sann wrote:

I would have bought the one for the cheaper price as you said you had already discarded the packaging so use the packaging to return the first one with the original receipt and get a refund !!!

@sann  I posted that above.

@KatieB  They probably needed the bar code from the packaging.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like they are not honoring the corporate policy on returns. I'm not one to return things but this is bad business and you should contact the corporate office.

Honored Contributor

Re: I Need To Vent

[ Edited ]

@KatieB wrote:

Why didn't you just return it and purchase it again at the lower price.  

@KatieB First of all I didn't bring the mouse with me, secondly, I didn't have the original package, I doubt they would have accepted the return. Thirdly the receipt says you can return the item until 2/3/21 so why not make the adjustment for me only having been a week later? It all worked out in the end.

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

Im not a returner so I dont know. How long are stores expected to honor sale prices? 

@LizzieInSRQ 

Not sure what you mean by "not a returner".  If something doesn't work out, you just keep it anyway?  

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So, a week ago today I went to Target to buy a computer mouse. There was one on sale for $11.99, I saw one I liked better, a Logitech mouse for $20.99 and bought it. I take it out of the packaging, it works great and kept it, getting rid of the packaging. So I see the mouse is on sale this week for $8.00 less and went this morning with my receipt to get an adjust. The woman at customer service says because it's a new week she can't go into the computer to do it. I would have to return it and repurchase it ( with the packaging I no longer have). I spoke to the manager and got the same story. I was going to shop there but was so angry I said to them I'm going to Walmart to get what I need, they didn't care. I had my receipt, they can see that I bought the mouse, it's not good customer service to make a customer unhappy. I do keep packaging for more expensive items, but why would anyone hold on to packaging for a nothing item?

@Jordan2 

I didn't read every post, so if thie has been suggested, sorry for being redundant.

I hope you got the manager's name .... or call the store if you can't remember.  I would call their Customer Service and see what satisfaction you can get from them.

If nothing comes of that, go to their website, Contact Us, and scream holy heck about this, specifically "reporting" this manager and citing their policy for 14 day adjustments.  The point is to go above this manager's head, and report them.  

This shouldn't happen.  Bad customer service deserves us calling them out, as often as necessary.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@sann wrote:

@sann  I posted that above.

@KatieB  They probably needed the bar code from the packaging.

Well I'm not wasting anymore of my time on this !!!!!!!!!