Trusted Contributor

Do Your Glasses Fog Up When Wearing a Mask?

I read somewhere to use part of a dry Swiffer cloth to keep your mask from fogging up.  So, I cut a strip of Swiffer cloth the length of my mask and attached it using double sided tape.  It works!!!

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do Your Glasses Fog Up When Wearing a Mask?

@wismiss wrote:

I read somewhere to use part of a dry Swiffer cloth to keep your mask from fogging up.  So, I cut a strip of Swiffer cloth the length of my mask and attached it using double sided tape.  It works!!!

First time I'm hearing of that. Glad it worked. I make masks and for my family members who wear glasses, I sew in the nose guard that conforms to your nose. 

Honored Contributor

@wismiss   There are mask guards (Amazon) to put under the mask  to keep the mask on the nose tighter and stops the glasses from fogging.  Also, if you rub a small amount of dish detergent onto both sides of the lenses it will stop the fogging.  

Honored Contributor

yup, gotta breathe.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I do have that issue.  It really bugs me!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

I put my mask way up on the bridge of my nose then my glasses sit on the mask.  I can see just fine and for the most part my glasses never fog up.  

Honored Contributor

Stores also sell an anti-fog spray for glasses. It's found in the vicinity of readers, etc.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Nope, sorry girls, lots of tricks out there but glasses will ALWAYS fog up when wearing these @$#%^ masks. Nature of the beast.

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

When I first walk into the grocery store, which is about the only place I go these days, they fog over completely for the first few minutes then slowly unfog. I don't know if it's because I'm going from very cold outside to warm inside exacerbated by the mask or if it's totally from the mask. I don't recall having that problem in the winter prior to mask wearing but then my memory isn't what it used to be. 

Honored Contributor

I just pull my mask up a little bit so the bottom rim of my glasses rest on the mask and it keeps the fog away.

I've also found that masks with adjustable ear loops don't cause my glasses to fog since I can adjust them so well.