Honored Contributor

So, a week ago today I went to Target to buy a computer mouse. There was one on sale for $11.99, I saw one I liked better, a Logitech mouse for $20.99 and bought it. I take it out of the packaging, it works great and kept it, getting rid of the packaging. So I see the mouse is on sale this week for $8.00 less and went this morning with my receipt to get an adjust. The woman at customer service says because it's a new week she can't go into the computer to do it. I would have to return it and repurchase it ( with the packaging I no longer have). I spoke to the manager and got the same story. I was going to shop there but was so angry I said to them I'm going to Walmart to get what I need, they didn't care. I had my receipt, they can see that I bought the mouse, it's not good customer service to make a customer unhappy. I do keep packaging for more expensive items, but why would anyone hold on to packaging for a nothing item?

Respected Contributor

Agree!! This would tick me off big time.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

Re: I Need To Vent

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 

That would irritate me too.

What I would have done, was purchased another one of the Logitechs at the sale price, then returned it with the receipt for the one purched last week. I know that there "could" be a difference in the receipt coding. (the item sku number should be identical, but there could be a difference on the receipts), so I would compare the old vs new and be prepared if it is questioned. 

Respected Contributor

That makes zero sense. What if you had bought it on a Sunday?  does that mean on Monday they can't do a price adjustment?  Bogus excuse.

Regular Contributor

Hmmm.  That has not been my experience with Target's Price Match Guarantee.  I suggest you call Target's Guest Services and ask about this.  The number is on Target's website.  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

Im not a returner so I dont know. How long are stores expected to honor sale prices? 

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

That makes zero sense. What if you had bought it on a Sunday?  does that mean on Monday they can't do a price adjustment?  Bogus excuse.

@kittyloo the new sale starts on Sunday, if you purchased the mouse on Saturday you would have the same problem I did.

Valued Contributor

Re: I Need To Vent

[ Edited ]

Their own website says 14 days.

If you find a current lower price within 14 days after purchase, just bring in the proof and we will adjust your payment to the lower price, upon request. Target store price matches and adjustments are completed at the store on any lane. For Target.com purchases, call Target.com Guest Services

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 this would disappoint me, too.  Maybe post an online review for that store on yelp?  And anywhere else online that offers a review forum.  Voicing your concerns in places online where others look for review info has a better chance of causing a negative effect on Target and especially on that particular store. 

I know that sometimes, when things like this are posted online, there's more negative feedback and some stores will then try to work with the customer to make things right. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

Im not a returner so I dont know. How long are stores expected to honor sale prices? 

usually 10 to 14 days, used to be 30