Frequent Contributor

Why on earth are you offended? She must have appreciated your kindness and wanted to do something nice for you. Thank her and move on. We need more people like your friend in this world, as many people today don't appreciate the kindness of others. Most of the time we are lucky if we get a text message, heck, an actual thank you card is unheard of.

Esteemed Contributor

I would just Thank her and take her to lunch in a couple weeks......

Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  Thank you for such nice words.  We also have another connection.  While I do not volunteer at an animal shelter, I do take in rescues for foster, as well as feeding the stray population in my area.  I do not know about six degrees of separation, but we must be kindred spirits.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

Here's the story:

Last week, I took a friend to a doctor appointment that required her to be sedated.  I volunteered to take her, she did not ask me, and I told her that it did not matter to me when she made her appointment.  I treated her to lunch after her procedure.  Everything is fine.

Today, in the mail, I get a thank you plus a $50 gift card, money that I know she cannot afford.  I did not volunteer to take her to her appointment with the idea of getting any compensation.  I am not happy about this.  I realize that she had no one else to take her, but I don't think this is right.

So, any suggestions on how to handle this?  It is an Amazon card, which I can always use, but I am uncomfortable with this, and maybe just a little offended that she thinks I should be paid for doing someithng that friends should do for each other.

What would you do?  TIA!

It’s a thank you gift. Stop analyzing it and say thank youSmiley Happy