Honored Contributor

Re: I Must Be An Unsociable Introvert

I envy all those who are content to stay in their homes.  I can't wait to get out.  I am a "city" person and moved to Chicago to take advantage of all it has to offer, i.e, museums, theater, opera, concerts, restaurants, etc.  And it is depressing not to be able to do those things.  Hoping this is over sooner rather than later.

Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal  Agree 100%!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for this @SXMGirl, being home is my favorite place to be.  Always has been! During flu season every year, I avoid going out more than usual anyway, so staying home the past 5 weeks has been no different with the exception DH has been working from home.  

Valued Contributor

It's not bothering me too much. I do not like the fact that I can't go shopping or browse in any store I might like to. Grocery shopping is not enjoyable at all. I never loved it but I like to cook so it's been necessary. I do like the fact that I have no demands to be somewhere or do something at a certain time. I have a bad back & I never know what kind of day I'll be having until I get up. I am always up early due to back pain. I hate the fact that this virus has taken over everything in our daily routines.

Respected Contributor

I’m a homebody as well and always have things to do to keep busy.In fact I even some days, run out of hours in the day to get things done. Lots of things to do to maintain the property outside and inside.

Always have sewing and crochet/ knitting on the back burner as well. Thankful that DH likes to venture out to get supplies once a week, and I can stay home since I fall into the immunocompromised category. 

Honored Contributor

I find productive and fun things to do here at home;  on the other hand, as time goes by, a certain restlessness sets in.  That I can handle. 

I feel so for those whose livelihoods are taken away and and who are plunged into economic turmoil.  Praying for a careful and medically-informed gradual return to our healthy economy and the benefits it brings.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I envy all those who are content to stay in their homes.  I can't wait to get out.  I am a "city" person and moved to Chicago to take advantage of all it has to offer, i.e, museums, theater, opera, concerts, restaurants, etc.  And it is depressing not to be able to do those things.  Hoping this is over sooner rather than later.

@kaydee50   I moved to my current location for many of the same reasons.  It's also very close to a great regional airport, and I had travel plans for the spring, and beyond.  

I can deal with this for now, but I'm anxious to get out and go somewhere!

Frequent Contributor

Agreed. Not happy about pandemic, but I've been loving the time at home. How can someone get tired of peace and calm 😁

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

sxmgirl: Really? You like standing in long lines to get groceries, empty shelves, wearing masks in grocery stores. Having all stores not related to groceries closed. Limited food selection since we only have grocery stores to shop at.  Take-out only food. Having to wash your hands all the time. Coming home after food shopping and having to wash down everything you bought.

Having all the people you associated with holded up at home? All the terribly sad stories of death on TV, radio all the time. The medical field risking their lives for patients. You like all this?

NOT FOR ME!!!!

Respected Contributor

You are not unsocial or an introvert (or maybe I am too LOL) but I think of that old saying "If you don't enjoy being by yourself then you are in bad company". With books and dogs and DH and music and the internet and gardening and new recipes and house fixups I'm making the best of this scary time and loving the quiet and counting my blessings.