Honored Contributor

Re: I Must Be An Unsociable Introvert

[ Edited ]

There is no shame in blooming where you are planted or enjoying your own company. If you are able to entertain yourself that means you must be a very charming and interesting person.

I've been mostly fine throughout this, with some big wobbles here and there. But I'm the kind of person who can have a good time in a paper bag. I've always been like that.

(edited to add: this is not strictly accurate in all areas. I have trouble sleeping due to worry sometimes and I have had to change my life around to make that better.)

I hope you are also proud of your resilience and rich inner world. Those are admirable traits.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

I am missing going out to lunch with several of my friend groups.  But I don't mind staying in.  My husband and son don't seem to mind it at all.  They are introverts.  My son is doing zoom meetings with his friends. 

Respected Contributor

I am half Introverted and half Extroverted and have taken and administered  the Myers Briggs personality test  many times years ago.  It remained the same. That being, I am ok with being home right now. I have noticed depending on the situation and activity which side is a preference.

My life hasn't changed that much as being home and  retired. As long as I can get outside with my Dogs, happy.  

There is no right or wrong. We all are a bit different which makes us unique.

Contributor

No, you are absolutely not an unsociable introvert!  I am loving every minute of this quarantine time-sewing masks and making quilts.  Yes, I have hobbies and it does keep me busy, but it's truly been fun.

Before I retired, I would vacation at the beach in the fall by myself-my husband wasn't interested in "down time' so I would enjoy my alone time-

Enjoy-don't feel anything but grateful that you can enjoy your own company.

Trusted Contributor

Hubby and i are homebodies and we are totally loving this.  We have lots to do and we enjoy both each others company and our own company.  We are good.

Trusted Contributor

I'm single, never been married, so the being alone with myself - I'm good.  I've travelled alone, eaten in restaurants alone, no issue.

And I like just hanging in my apartment watching TV shows about people who live in haunted homesWoman LOL, or That Girl or Life Below Zero.

BUT, I do miss getting in my car and driving say, to the outlets, just to window shop or meander here or there.  Cannot do that now and after being inside for 30 days, except for a quick trip to the supermarket, I would just love to get a latte or a Dairy Queen and sit in the parking lot at the beach.  

I'm ready to slowly move on.

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@SXMGirl 

@Deree 

You are not alone.  This is just my 'normal'.  I'm fine with it.

But then, I always knew there was something wrong with me.  By other people's standards, that is.

=======================

I'm an introvert too (and retired). 

Because I tend to "isolate", 2 year ago, I got a PT job to get out of the house 12 hrs./wk.  .

The school closed on March 12.

The first few weeks of the quarantine I was fine.

Now, I miss the kids (at the school).

And, I'll never see them again because all the assistants were laid off.

So, I'm "isolating" again ...

SMH ...

Oh well .. life goes on.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Esteemed Contributor

Only safe way to be.  Going for 21 days this time.  When this is over the door might need a tuneup.

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite  What state do you live in?

"Can't even buy a bag of soil or mulch....no paint no nothing for home improvement.

I live in a hot zone state-New Jersey.  Home Depo & Lowes are open because they are deemed essential.

"Can't fish alone on a boat...."

Why not?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

Everything seems pretty much normal for me too. I do miss going out to nice  restaurants, but I have a lot to keep me busy. I do my own housework, and DH and I have gotten a lot done on the outside of our house.