Respected Contributor

Re: I Lost a Fence In The Wind Storm

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Some may make fun of me for "complaining" about winds, cold, and rain.

Where I live in Northwestern California, we just had one hellva storm come through, where wind gusts were over 50 miles per hour.

And yes, tonight it's supposed to get down to around 30 degress, which is unusual for this time of year.

Does it get much colder in other parts of the country? Of course it does. There are places that regularly have sub-zero temperatures, but that's why I don't live there.

And an inch of rain in burn areas can cause a lot of damage.

I guess some have never heard of mud slides, or seen the damage that they can do.

But, be all that as it may, last night during one particular stron gust of wind, I heard a loud BOOM!

Today, I went out to survey my yard, and discovered this.

fence.jpg

The wind had knocked down my fence.

No wonder my dad hated strong winds.

He was from Kansas City, Mo and knew the damage that strong winds could do.

I put in a work order with the landlord, but with it being the holiday weekend, it probably won't be replaced until next week at the earliest.

@Anonymous032819 

Glad you took a picture!  Check with your homeowners insurance.  They should cover it.

Esteemed Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Where I live in Northwestern California, we just had one hellva storm come through, where wind gusts were over 50 miles per hour.

And yes, tonight it's supposed to get down to around 30 degress, which is unusual for this time of year.

Does it get much colder in other parts of the country? Of course it does. There are places that regularly have sub-zero temperatures, but that's why I don't live there.

I guess some have never heard of mud slides, or seen the damage that they can do.

But, be all that as it may, last night during one particular stron gust of wind, I heard a loud BOOM!

fence.jpg

I put in a work order with the landlord, but with it being the holiday weekend, it probably won't be replaced until next week at the earliest.

@Anonymous032819 

Glad you took a picture!  Check with your homeowners insurance.  They should cover it.

@fortune 

I don't own, I rent.

I have already notified my landlord.

Have a great Thanksgiving!Woman Happy

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@fortune wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

fence.jpg

@Anonymous032819 

@fortune 

I don't own, I rent.

I have already notified my landlord.

Have a great Thanksgiving!Woman Happy

@Anonymous032819 

You acted fast!  Happy Thanksgiving to you, as well!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@arrabella :  Where do you live in High Desert?  I have lived in Barstow and Ridgecrest ( especially in RC the winds were amazing and non stop.