Honored Contributor

Yesterday, I received four recorded messages from Apple, and one today, telling me not to use any Apple device because my account had been compromised. A phone number was included that I should call.

I think it's a scam so I haven't called. Has anyone else received these messages or knows anything about them?

Super Contributor

I had around 9 jin a row two days ago, clogging my answer machine.  Clearly an annoying scam.  The voice sounds just like the IRS warnings.  Pathetic.

Honored Contributor

@Twoaces  Thank you for reassuring me. I thought four in a row was a lot but yours surpassed that.

Honored Contributor

It's a scam, and it seems to come in waves. They can be relentless, I had 14 calls from them in one day. I don't answer, and delete the message, but it's annoying.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain most likely a scam...try to call Apple and check on problem and verify if they are sending out e-mails.  Don't open the e-mail.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Yesterday, I received four recorded messages from Apple, and one today, telling me not to use any Apple device because my account had been compromised. A phone number was included that I should call.

I think it's a scam so I haven't called. Has anyone else received these messages or knows anything about them?

Yes, alive had the call and  it is a scam. 

Honored Contributor

Re: V-Mail From Apple?

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain  I regularly get calls from Microsoft, Apple, and on and on that my account has been frozen due to whatever... Often, I don't even have an account with the company supposedly calling so knew something fishy was going on. When it first started happening, out of curiosity, I looked up CS number for both and called them. Both confirmed it was a scam that's plagued them, among other entities. They like to obtain the numbers the calls came from but acknowledge there's little they can do about it, especially with all the faked numbers showing up.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...