Respected Contributor

Re: I LIKE SHAWN....

[ Edited ]

@NoelSeven wrote:

There may have been more than one presentation from Shawn about the ring in question which says, "Hear my soul speak," but I looked at the video presentation on Q and she clearly says it's a quote from Shakespeare. 

I have to agree with her, I think it's inspirational, I just don't agree that she should have had to say which play and under what circumstances.

http://www.qvc.com/Shawns-Hear-My-Soul-Speak-Sterling-Inscribed-Ring.product.J282296.html?sc=J282296...

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Honored Contributor

gmkb, yes, that's OK with me Smiley Happy

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

Re: I LIKE SHAWN....

[ Edited ]

@NoelSeven wrote:

Re:

"I have a problem with implying that rubbing rings that say "hear my soul speak" fall into the category of faith or inspirational jewelry.  That phrase comes from Shakespeare.  I believe people should be told by the host the origin of that phrase.

"Hear my soul speak.  The very instant I saw you did my heart fly to your service."  The Tempest."

Shakespeare used many biblical quotes and references, I don't see anything wrong with others using his words.  We all know his words are used for many other things, it's nothing new.

Hi Noel....I don't see the original post above yours, so I'm replying to this.

To the OP about the Tempest......Shawn has often mentioned that the original quote is from The Tempest and this is her interpretation and version of it.

Noel.....hope all is well....I never seem to posting on the same threads at the same time as you!   Have a great rest of the summer!!

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Trusted Contributor

a12b89931b8d4c9bfe2d38fd36b21e51.jpg

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Valued Contributor

@CoG wrote:

A sales clerk is not ordained to preach to the multitudes.  If you are paid to present jewelry you are expected to extol the structure, composition, form of the jewelry.  

If by the way you conduct your life, if in your treatment of others you exemplified God's Way you might be equipped to preach but QVC is not the proper arena. 

No one has the right to shove their "faith" in my face  especially if they consistenly display characteristics foreign to all faiths. 

I think this is a mean statement.  You shouldn't have to be an ordained minister to say you have faith and certain things bring you meaning to it.  Try to be nice.

Honored Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

I have a problem with implying that rubbing rings that say "hear my soul speak" fall into the category of faith or inspirational jewelry.  That phrase comes from Shakespeare.  I believe people should be told by the host the origin of that phrase.

"Hear my soul speak.  The very instant I saw you did my heart fly to your service."  The Tempest.

Now we all know that phrase on the ring was not an original thought.LOL!Shawn probably forgot where she heard or read the phrase and just put her own religious spin on it. I don't mind Shawn, I think she's harmless and can be entertaining at times and boy that woman can sure sell.

Honored Contributor

Re:

Now we all know that phrase on the ring was not an original thought.LOL!Shawn probably forgot where she heard or read the phrase and just put her own religious spin on it. I don't mind Shawn, I think she's harmless and can be entertaining at times and boy that woman can sure sell.

I posted the link to her comments. She didn't make it religious, she said it was a quote from Shakespeare's "The Tempest."

She didn't call it religious, she calls it inspirational.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

Noel wadr when you quote it leaves out the

poster name which is confusing to follow.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••