Honored Contributor

I am freaking out, I saw a mouse in my house! This isn't the first time, I can take a lot, but mice really freak me out. I put down some traps, I don't know how I'll sleep tonight. I hope I catch the little bugger!

Honored Contributor

Re: I Have A Mouse In My House

@Jordan2   I hate to say this, but usually it isn't just "one."  They have friends and relatives with them.....

This is the time of year when they start coming in, when it gets cold.   I live in an old house with quite a few cracks in the foundation as does everyone who lives on my street in an old, tree-lined neighborhood.  My neighbor always says, "we live in a high mouse area" and he's right.  Yes, put down traps and get them before they breed in your house.  Ugh.  But it's only a mouse, so get a good night's sleep.  

Try to locate whatever food source it/they have found and get rid of it.

Respected Contributor

I feel your pain. Spotted one late afternoon and immediately went to buy traps for my husband to set. The dogs haven't alerted to anything this evening. I hate mice.

Honored Contributor

@chprsp wrote:

I feel your pain. Spotted one late afternoon and immediately went to buy traps for my husband to set. The dogs haven't alerted to anything this evening. I hate mice.

I hate them too. And, in addition to the ICK factor, they end up costing us in food or other things we need to throw out because they've been into it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I can only imagine how upset you are.  Those little boogers scare the chitlins out of me. I have only had one some years ago, and to say I was scared of it is an understatement. That was the scariest two days of my life. Fortunately, I did not have to kill him. I was shooing him with a broom and he ran away under the door. It was a Tom & Jerry moment. I never saw him again, and considered that to be a blessing. I certainly hope you catch him soon. Good luck!

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2We have the little kangaroo mice in our barn and after all these years I still jump when one runs past me!!!!!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, it's that time of year since they want to hide from the cold.  I had one a few years ago and he of course had a friend with him.  Got both though. I highly recommend Tom Cat traps.  It's like a box that has a plastic lever and when the mouse goes in, the door goes down and the flag goes down so you know it's in there.  You won't ever see the mouse either.  You''ll know by the flag being down that you go it.  You won't have to look at it which is the best part.  I took a reeses peanut butter cup and sliced it in half.  Put a little more PB on top of that and both went into the traps.  Worked like charm!

Trusted Contributor

Organic mousetraps, otherwise known as cats, work very well. They will even present you with their little trophies!

Respected Contributor

Like some have stated, the most effective, organic, natural method to get rid of a mouse is a CAT.  They (cats) kill them (mice).   Nature is not always kind, but very effective.

Honored Contributor

I have a mouse in my garage.  We have tried everything.  Lol.  He even gnawed through a bag last night that had some garden seed in it.  Onion seed. Didnt like them for sure.  He scattered them everwhere and left the peanuts near by.