Honored Contributor

There has been another high school shooting

5. Gunfire erupted inside a California high school Thursday morning, leaving at least seven people injured. The shooting was reported st 7.45am Pacific Time at Saugus High School on Centurion Way in Santa Clarita. At least seven victims were stretchered to multiple abulances (left and top rigtht). The Signal reported that one student was shot in the torso and treated by a teacher a classroom. Students were seen being evacuated from the school (bottom right) while others were reportedly told to shelter in place. The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office sent out a tweet saying officers were searching to a male Asian suspect in dark clothing. A student named Riley told KTLA5 that she was standing with friends by the library on campus when she heard four to five gunshots and started running. The high school and other schools in the surrounding area, including Rosedell and Highland elementary schools, were placed on lockdow
Honored Contributor

Re: There has been another high school shooting

Asian student gunman, 15, shoots five in early morning high school attack before fleeing, as SWAT team storms nearby Santa Clarita house and say shooter 'is no longer a threat'

• Shooting was reported at Saugus High School in Santa Clarita at 7.45am
  • At least five people were injured on campus in Los Angeles County 
  • Suspect described as 15-year-old Asian male in dark clothing is being sought 
  • All schools in surrounding area are on lockdown and residents are being asked to shelter in place 
  • Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva says the sole suspect has been identified and officers were preparing to execute search warrant at a home 
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not again. 

This is too much.

When I originally posted, before 1 p.m. eastern time, it was stated on t.v.

2 in critical condition.

This has changed to 2 dead. Terrible.

Super Contributor

Unfortunately this is becoming the norm.

Respected Contributor

@threecees wrote:

Not again. 

This is too much.

Edited to add, just heard 2 students in critical condition along

with the shooter. On tv now.

At least one fatality.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

fantastic law enforcement response. this is a school with a security guard i heard reported,  in a state where arms/ammo are verrrrrrry regulated.

it appears the shooter is in custody and was actually evacuated with wounded !!

Esteemed Contributor

This is such heartbreaking news! I don't watch mainstream news much, so this was a surprising story to read here on the forums this morning.. My thoughts and prayers go out to anyone and their families affected by this senseless tragedy, especially the wounded. I sometimes wonder, where do we go from here...🤔

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

So many young people are carrying alot of anger and resentment now a days .  Maybe they need  more psychologists to work directly with students  before these shootings happen.  There's all kinds of info now on research on  how screen time on digital devices  affects children. Researchers  say No screen in before age 18 months ,  then very limited there after . Some researchers have found that it actually rewires childrens brains  and affects  them causing anxiety , behavioral  & emotional issues .

Simpathy to the victims and  famiies  of all the victims.

Valued Contributor

I was so sad when my grandaughter who is in kindergarten told me about the lockdown drills that they have.  She told me they have to lock the door, pull the blinds and go in the corner until the policeman come and get you. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Today is the alleged shooters Birthday....he turned 16