Super Contributor

Paying shipping to send something back that was about the same price as shipping cost

I just  paid shipping for something that was almost as much as the value of the item (not QVC).  I realized it when I returned from the post office and checked how much I had originally paid for the item.  Feeling a little foolish I must admit!   It was intended as a gift for someone who already owned what I had purchased.   Live and learn I guess!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paying shipping to send something back that was about the same price as shipping cost

That has happened to me a couple of times.  I decided to donate it instead. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Paying shipping to send something back that was about the same price as shipping cost

@gellen wrote:

I just  paid shipping for something that was almost as much as the value of the item (not QVC).  I realized it when I returned from the post office and checked how much I had originally paid for the item.  Feeling a little foolish I must admit!   It was intended as a gift for someone who already owned what I had purchased.   Live and learn I guess!

@gellen   Don't feel badly. If I put an item on 6 e/p and return it w/ label, the label often costs more than the first payment. It'll take forever for the refund and the $6.95 is out the window. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not buying unless I'm pretty sure it's something I will be keeping. I'm not paying for shipping plus have to pay to return it & be out my original shipping to boot.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I'm not buying unless I'm pretty sure it's something I will be keeping. I'm not paying for shipping plus have to pay to return it & be out my original shipping to boot.

@Nightowlz   I'm disgusted with the long wait. Just let me know up front that it'll take 2 wks. before shipping and give me the choice to cancel. 

Esteemed Contributor

You are not foolish. It happens to the best of us. It has happened to me several times, and I just consider it par for the course. I love shopping at The Q, so it will not deter my shopping in any way. Like you, I am much more mindful, that's all.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖