Esteemed Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

I believe this to be a scam as well. Simply log on to your Amazon account, and click the tab for accounts and lists, then click on Account. You will be able to view everything that you need and make any changes that you feel are necessary. 

Done and done.  It was not a scam.  I was somehow mysteriously enrolled in Prime.  It's been cancelled and my credit card will be credited.

@Biftu 

Sometimes I will respond before reading through the entire thread, I see where you came back and said that you verified the number that you called. I have edited my earlier comment.

BTW, Amazon is my spirit animal. I am not pleased with the increase in the yearly fee but I will be paying it. For me it's totally worth it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Hate Amazon!

[ Edited ]

@Krimpette wrote:

I love Amazon and have been a long-time Prime member. I used to keep a list of items I needed/wanted, and after a time I would go to my Target store and purchase what I could there. Then I would lug all those bags home and go through the task of putting everything away.  Now, I order almost daily, even if it's just a single item and get my order within a day or two.  And I get  tracking notifications from them so I can see on their map how soon my item will be delivered.  Occasionally, some items take longer than a day or two, but always get in a reasonable time. I've rarely had an issue with them that warraned a call.

As an aside (to illustrate Amazon's service):  A friend recently ordered a baby gift to be delivered to the home of the baby.  My friend was checking status on Amazon and it showed the delivery had been made, along with a photo of where the package was left.  The recipient never received the item.  Amazon readily replaced the item.  The proof of delivery for that item showed the same location as the original order.  Looks like the original order was the victim of a porch pirate.  

@Krimpette 

I may be telling you something that you are already aware of but I tend to order from amazon at least twice a week. I hate having multiple deliveries and boxes coming throughout the week. Since I work a hybrid telecommuting schedule. I picked Friday as my  Amazon delivery day.  I am able to have everything delivered in one box on that day. 

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

I had a similar problem with a return. The credit was never applied to my credit card, But I noticed that Amazon applied the refund to an Amazon gift card which I didn't ask for. 

So I have a gift card balance that can only be used for towards an Amazon purchase. 

From now on, I will make sure I read all the fine print, and that any refunds are credited to my credit card instead of a gift card. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just got the notice that Prime will go up.  I'm still going to enrole.  We order a lot from Amazon.  It seems we rarely go in to stores anymore. (I haven't been to a supermarket in over 2 years now)  And I like the shows that on.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not happy that Prime fee is going up, but I will keep using it!  I don't drive and I rely on Amazon delivery for several items.  But...in the last month I have had two orders lost!  One order was for three items.  Did get refunds, but so irritating!!

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I just got the notice that Prime will go up.  I'm still going to enrole.  We order a lot from Amazon.  It seems we rarely go in to stores anymore. (I haven't been to a supermarket in over 2 years now)  And I like the shows that on.

@songbird  I remember when we paid  $79 a year many years ago. Renewed last December and it was $119 and now this December it will be $139, not bad for the amount of shopping we do.

@deeva  this happened to me once and i called and they reversed it and put it back on my Card.

Respected Contributor

I Love Amazon. Well worth the increase in Prime membership.  Have been shopping with them for over a decade. In all that time I have had one, just one problem. Their CS was excellent and took care of the problem right then and there on the phone. Will definitely keep shopping with Amazon.  When something works as well as Amazon I stick with it.

Valued Contributor

I have been buying from Amazon for about 15 years now, and I must say I find their service to be pretty good!  I DO NOT have Prime, because I don't buy enough to make it worth that exhorbitant annual plus monthly fee!  If you spend more than $50 on an order 

(cumulative!!) there is usually free shipping anyway.

I have only ever had a problem with a delivery one time, and a call to customer service had me a refund in minutes!!!

I am very leery of ANY emails that I get and if a check of my bank statement doesn't show a purchase then the email is deleted without opening.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, they did that to me, too. The worst part is, they keep charging you each month for Prime! At least they did me. Except I was not a prime member. My bank took over because i couldn't find a number to call. Emails fell on deaf ears. (eyes?) Then on a high frustration day I was relentless. I found a website that cancels Amazon prime. Took two minutes and the nightmare was over. I only wish I had written it down but in my elation I didn't think of it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I pay yearly, not monthly and I've never been charged for monthly.  I pay everything yearly, instacart, etc.  I don't go to stores.  We need a new toaster oven.  Yesterday we ordered through Amazon.  I'm not going out to find a toaster oven.  We recently got a dehumidifier.  Again,we got it though Amazon.

Evan the occasionally odd buys are great. One of the best deals I ever got through them was an all region DVD/Blu Ray.  It was from a company I never heard of (Longpoo) but it only cost $12.00,  I absolutely love it.  I've had it now 4 years.  It's great.  It plays anything from all over the world.