Valued Contributor

Love it!  I've been sending unbirthday cards this year.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

It is what it is, we are reacting to a situation. I've always been an adaptable individual, and I'm grateful that I'm healthy and alive. 

@QVCkitty1   @KarenQVC 

I feel the same way.   It's not like we're in jail in a different state and can't communicate with friends and family.  

The ONLY thing you can count on is change .... so why bother wasting energy feeling "stuck"?   Use the common sense God gave you.

Learn a new language, find a way to be useful, do something.  If you're not able to help the community, then catch up on all the books you want to read.   Books take you to another world .... READ.  

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I feel like we have been put on hold, waiting for a vaccine, doing the best one can do, if smart.

@goldensrbest 

???    Don't assume the vaccine will change everything.  I just read this morning that in a new poll, Americans are less likely to get the vaccine when it is available.   Personally, I won't get it.  A new vaccine?   Uh, no.   I don't get flu shots, either, and am a healthy person. 

Honored Contributor

CA, FL and TX numbers made me pause. I just wish we could go back to the old normal.

Honored Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

along with everyone else.  It seems like we are all walking zombies, at least for this year.  I look out the window at all the delivery trucks moving down the street and the lawn mowing guys coming and thinking we are all moving zombies.

Have you ever known a time in our US history when we were so stuck?

@KarenQVC 

I can understand your feelings.  While I’m not seeing Zombies (yet) have surely felt frustrated, and at a standstill at the way things have been allowed to play out in my field of study / work.

Was doing better when it was cooler and less humid, here in the muggy south, it is rough out there, and yard work, outdoor play is tough.  I miss traveling, and being with friends and family, but will continue to do as I think best to keep them and myself well and safe.

I hope things perk up for you soon, and your spirits lift!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

@goldensrbest 

I wouldn't hold my breath for a vaccine.  IF it ever comes to pass, I will pass for sure.

Honored Contributor

I won't be the first to get the vaccine. I'll let braver, more essentially neede people try it first. But once the vaccine is proven safe, absolutely I will get it. I'll be able to get back to normal life and go out and live again. I can't wait.

No masks anymore. I'll get to go hug my relatives, knowing that doing so won't potentially kill them. If you guys want to still sit home, that's fine, but I will jump back in with both feet once I know I'm immune. The promise of this being over is what is getting me through it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Try this exercise.

Close your eyes and imagine that tomorrow, the virus magically disappears. It's safe to go about maskless. You can safely eat in restaurants, go to church, the beauty parlor, the dentist, have endless kisses and hugs with children and grandchildren, go to the movies and SIT RIGHT NEXT TO STRANGERS with no fear, etc., etc.

Now think about plunging back into "normal" and how little free time you may have, what with catching up. Open your eyes and look around. Are there going to be things you could kick yourself for not having done when the forced leisure disappears? Whether it's reading a book or a journal, starting on some writing, beginning a painting or just painting a bedroom, aren't there things that, if you look at this time as a gift (however perversely awarded you), you would be glad to emerge having done?

Is there a relationship you've realized you regret you allowed to lapse? Could you meditate on your history with the person and possibly devise some path to rapprochement?

Or the heck with all that, how about you? Renew your vow to exercise more, and this time, do it. Try that new hair color or style. Decide for yourself whether women of a certain age can wear shimmer eye shadows. Experiment with a fake tan or teeth whiteners or false eyelashes.

Good luck shaking things up.

Esteemed Contributor

Both this OP and the recent OP about a health plan have undertones.  Neither are what they are appear.  Encouraging trolls/baiters isn't wise.